As Pete Buttigieg moves up to the top tier of candidates in the Democratic presidential field, a new poll shows half of voters say they are personally ready for a gay or lesbian president. That 50 per cent who say they are ready contrasts with 37 per cent who say they are not ready, according to a new Politico/Morning Consult poll out Wednesday. The poll also revealed voters were more pessimistic when it came to the country as a whole: only 40 per cent think America is ready for a gay president while 44 per cent think it’s not. Buttigieg, the first openly-gay Democrat to seek his party’s nomination for president, has moved to the top tier of contenders after two strong fundraising periods and solid poll numbers in the early states that will vote on the nominee. New poll shows half of voters say they are personally ready for a gay president as Pete Buttigieg moves up to top tier of contenders for Democratic presidential nomination He has talked openly on the campaign trail about his struggle to deal with his sexual orientation. The Politico/Morning Consult poll was conducted Oct. 25-28, surveying 1,997 registered voters, and has a margin… Read full this story
- Nolte: USA Today Poll Is All Bad News for 2020 Democrats, Including Biden
- New Poll Shows Trump Beating Sanders, Tied With Warren But Trailing Biden in Key 2020 State
- Far More Republicans Than Democrats Say United States 'Stands Above All Other Countries in the World,' New Poll Shows
- Kevin Costner Will Endorse Pete Buttigieg for President at Iowa Town Hall
- Former Obama Admin Foreign Policy Officials Endorse Pete Buttigieg In Letter
- Could 'Wine Cave' Haunt Pete Buttigieg's Campaign the Way 'Car Elevator' Did Mitt Romney's?
- Pete Buttigieg Hints at Plan to Pack Supreme Court at Democrat Debate
- Michael Bloomberg, 77, gets ready to put his name on 2020 Democratic ballot in Alabama - opening way for $52 BILLION former NY mayor to make dramatic entry into presidential race
- Outsider Andrew Yang warns 2020 Democrats 'stop being obsessed over impeachment' as candidates clash in latest debate - but only after moderator Judy Woodruff mixes entrepreneur up with billionaire Tom Steyer
- Pete Buttigieg’s Antiracist Education
Half of Americans say they are personally ready for a gay president but just 40 per cent believe the rest of the country is, new poll shows as Pete Buttigieg moves into top tier of 2020 Democrats have 354 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 30, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.