PUBLISHED: 16:01 14 October 2019 | UPDATED: 18:27 14 October 2019 Laura Bill MP Dominic Grieve spoke on Thursday about his thoughts on Boris’ Brexit chaos. Picture: St Albans District Council Archant Leading Remainer Dominic Grieve MP spoke in St Albans last Thursday on the “absolute mayhem” of Boris Johnson’s government, the disaster of a No Deal Brexit and the fast-growing campaign for a People’s Vote on any deal. MP Dominic Grieve gave his views about Boris’ Brexit plans on Thursday. Picture: St Albans District Council Over 200 people attended the talk and Q&A session, organised by local cross-party, pro-European campaign group St Albans for Europe at Marlborough Road Methodist Church.Independent Mr Grieve, who lost the Conservative whip last month, said: “The right exists in every democracy for people to say they have changed their mind and they want to do something different.”He said that the Brexit promised in 2016 was undeliverable and backed a second referendum as the only way to resolve the “chaos caused by Brexit and Boris Johnson’s government”.He blamed the narrow vote to leave the EU on unchecked growth of popular opinion that does not have a rational foundation.MP Dominic Grieve gave his views about Boris’… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: Tory MP slammed for sweary video complaining she's bored of lockdown
- Theresa May likely to face coup attempt by some Tory MPs in autumn
- Tory rebels warn Boris Johnson prolonging the UK's coronavirus lockdown could unleash a 'tidal wave of human misery' as they urge the PM to ease restrictions 'as quickly as possible'
- Delingpole: ‘Absurd, Dystopian, Tyrannical’ Lockdown Must End Soon – Says Rebel Tory MP
- Rudd tells Tory MPs to get on with jobs amid infighting over May
- Boris Johnson is using threats against his MPs: they should ignore him
- Dominic Raab blasts 'irresponsible' Tory donors, MPs and Keir Starmer for demanding the UK government set out how it will lift the coronavirus lockdown as he says ministers must not 'jump the gun' on easing rules
- Six urgent items in Boris Johnson's inbox as he returns
- Will Boris Johnson's brush with death prompt him to talk more honestly?
- May faces new row over Brexit transition as Barnier stands firm
Former Tory MP slams Boris' Brexit 'chaos' in St Albans have 357 words, post on www.hertsad.co.uk at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.