A DRIVER was caught doing paperwork at the wheel while driving on a motorway. Warwickshire Police officers spotted the man at work while patrolling the region motorways in a ‘supercab’ – an elevated HGV allowing them to see into vehicles. The driver’s car was seized. A police spokesman said they understood the driver would receive a court summons for offences including careless driving. A further 140 vehicles were stopped during Operation Tramline as part of a crackdown on driving offences. Other offences included 71 drivers or passengers not wearing seat belts, more than 30 drivers using hand held mobile phones at the wheel, while one driver failed a roadside drug test and was also in possession of drugs. A HGV found to have no brakes, defective tyres and no number plate was also seized. A Warwickshire Police spokesperson said: “We have been able to extend the area in which this operation is conducted working with our partnering force and increasing the ability to intercept vehicles captured by the plain HGV. “Sadly even with the severe weather seen at the beginning of this operation drivers still continue to be seen using their mobile phones and driving when additional concentration is required… Read full this story
- Many drivers caught off guard by freezing rain
- Drivers dish: Do NASCAR Playoffs value experience over youth?
- El Chapo pleads to do paperwork from his jail cell
- Two OVI arrests involve drivers asleep at the wheel: Mayfield Village Police Blotter
- Parenting: Keeping teen drivers safe behind the wheel
- Drunk driver passes out behind wheel: North Royalton Police Blotter
- Reducing traffic on the Westside is great — just don’t charge drivers to do it
- Pizza delivery driver turns to floating flamingo during flooding
- Bay Area school bus drivers wanted: Must like kids, no prior experience needed
- Video: Tesla Driver Sleeps at Wheel Doing 75 Mph on California Highway—'Dude is Straight Snoozing'
Driver caught doing paperwork at the wheel while on motorway have 311 words, post on leamingtonobserver.co.uk at October 9, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.