BEIJING, Oct. 17 (Xinhua) — Chinese card payment giant China UnionPay had extended its services to 177 countries and regions, as some merchants and automatic teller machines (ATM) in Armenia began to accept UnionPay cards recently.
Central Asia and Transcaucasia are core regions along the Silk Road Economic Belt, and the acceptance of UnionPay cards in Armenia will contribute to the interconnection of the payment network along the Belt and Road, said Shao Fujun, chairman of China UnionPay.
The coverage rate of UnionPay cards has reached about 70 percent in central Asia and Transcaucasia, including Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Georgia.
Over 80 percent of countries and regions participating in the Belt and Road Initiative have signed cooperation agreements with China UnionPay, covering nearly 10 million merchants and 700,000 ATMs, said the company.
- China to expand digital yuan experiments: Central bank vice governor
- China, UAE expand cooperation
- China to increase support for poor regions as gov't agencies continue frugality
- Across China: Freight train service prospers amid enhanced Sino-Italian trade ties
- Frontier Airlines Expands Service To Durango, Grand Junction, Kalispell And Anchorage
- Key Party meeting focuses on central region's development
- More countries join China in rebuking Western claims
- 5.4-magnitude quake hits China's Xinjiang
- China to remain committed to high-quality Belt and Road cooperation
- Central region gets policy boost
- China needs effective investment in human capital
- A new stage of urbanization: A look at China Integrated City Index 2019
- From cover-up to propaganda blitz: China's attempts to control the narrative on Xinjiang
- Exclusive — China Outsourcing from the Timken Company Complicates Jane Timken’s Senate Bid in Ohio
- Decoding China's game play against India
- Boston Scientific bullish on China's medical device market
- US won't use India to contain China: White House
- Foreign firms find sweet spot of stability, continuity in China
- China boosts banana growing in Lancang-Mekong region
- Thailand's durian dealers fear for China exports after coronavirus surge
China UnionPay expands services to 177 countries, regions have 290 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at October 18, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.