A company planning to open a private home for looked after children has denied they plan to place young offenders at the property.Freshstart Care Ltd has submitted a planning application to house people between the ages of 11-18 in Llwynhendy, near Llanelli.Local people are protesting against the plans over concerns the property could be used to house young offenders.The company said there would be “a stringent referral process”.The application for change of use is being strongly opposed by Carmarthenshire County Council, which will determine the outcome for the semi-detached property at Erw Las called Han y Bont. Freshstart Care Ltd said they would be housing “vulnerable, neglected and disadvantaged children, that are currently in local authority care” and would not be “accommodating children who are in the justice system”.The local authority has already said that no children from Carmarthenshire would be housed at the proposed facility.In a written objection to the planning application, the council’s children services department said “it does not use private residential homes for our looked after children, so the proposed centre will be utilised by outside local authorities. “Carmarthenshire is already a net receiver of a large number of looked after children and young people from… Read full this story
- Children and pets influence home buying decisions
- No vaccine, no school: unvaccinated Italian children will be sent home
- Mandate unveils home plans
- OnePlus Turns Its Attention To The Home, Plans To Release ‘OnePlus TV’
- 2,246 Unborn Children Found In Abortionist’s Home
- More Migrants Split Their Families to Keep Youths and Children in U.S.
- “A recipe for disaster” – concerns over plans to build 280 new homes
- Children's Health plans new medical campus on the tollway in Prosper
- Exclusive – Henry Olsen: Trump Needs to Show 2020 Voters a Patient-First Health Care Bill Ready to Pass if Re-Elected
- A startup that’s raised $115 million once wanted to disrupt the multi-billion home care industry — now it’s working with it
Children in care: Concerns over Llwynhendy home plans have 327 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at October 22, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.