Burnley entrepreneur Andrew Brown has committed to using local contractors whenever he can in the building of his new £13m. luxury hotel at Crow Wood.
The Crow Wood Hotel and Spa Resort, which is set to open on October 23rd, will not only create jobs and boost Burnley’s tourism economy, it has also brought in much-needed work for local manufacturers and suppliers.
Mr Brown revealed that £5m. has been spent in Lancashire on fixtures and fittings alone for the new hotel.
Most recently, Andrew has commissioned local picture framer, Penny Howarth Framers, of the Country House Gallery on Lower St James’s Street to frame all the pictures, prints and photographs for the new hotel.
EXCITING IMAGES FROM NEW CROW WOOD HOTELHe said: “We have tried wherever possible to use local companies for the Hotel project. We recognise the importance of keeping this investment in the local community and of course many of these suppliers are ultimately our future customers.
“The fixtures and fittings are approximately £5m. out of the total £13m. spend. Of this £5m. the majority has been spent in Lancashire with some great partners, many of which have been suppliers for years.”
Penny Howarth has framed 415 prints and photographs for the bedrooms, reception areas and meeting rooms.
Penny said: “I really can’t thank Andrew enough for giving me the opportunity of working on such an exciting project, it’s been fabulous watching it all come together to create this amazing hotel here in our town. I am very proud to have been involved in it all.”
- Wetherspoon in £200m spending spree on new pubs and hotels creating 10,000 new jobs
- How America's new president will affect the global economy
- Deaths Exceed Births In New Hampshire But Migration Boosts Population
- Fears that western sanctions on Iran could cripple local economy
- EU unveils new consumer protection rules for digital economy
- Iran Warns of New 'War' as It Boosts Ties With Syria, Iraq and Lebanon
- Rad Power Bikes’ new e-bike models boost accessibility and visibility
- Florida Identifies 19 New Zika Cases, Including 6 Local Infections
- US economy adds 145,000 jobs in December
- New York Times Columnist Paul Krugman Says Hacker Used His IP Address to Download Child Porn