Richard Huckle has been stabbed to death in his cell with a makeshift ‘shiv’ knife
Britain’s most depraved paedophile Richard Huckle has been stabbed to death in his cell with a makeshift ‘shiv’ knife, it was revealed today.
Huckle was ordered to serve at least 25 years behind bars for 191 sexual offences against children as young as six months after a trial at the Old Bailey in 2016.
Yesterday his bloodied-body was found ‘slumped’ in his top floor cell at HMP Full Sutton, a Category A jail housing many of Britain’s most notorious and violent prisoners.
A fellow inmate has been put in isolation as Humberside Police prepares to launch a murder investigation.
A friend of one of his victims had screamed: ‘A thousand deaths is too good for you’ as he was jailed
Masquerading as a devout Christian, Huckle targeted care homes and orphanages while teaching English and photography in Malaysia and Cambodia.
He bragged about the abuse in a twisted blog in which he awarded himself ‘PedoPoints’ for his sexual assaults.
He even filmed himself raping children and babies. From the age of 19 he amassed a staggering 20,000 images of child abuse that he sold for profit.
Investigators believe he would have attacked hundreds more children had he not been caught in 2014 when Australian police uncovered a network of paedophiles on the ‘dark’ web.
He was arrested by the National Crime Agency after flying home to visit his family for Christmas.
Huckle maintained his innocence to police but later confessed to his parents. Horrified, they begged police to take him away.
Huckle worked as an English teacher, infiltrating impoverished communities, targeting care homes and orphanages
In the worst case of its kind at the Old Bailey he admitted an unprecedented 71 charges over eight years, including rape, sexual assault and sexual activity with a child.
As he was taken from the dock an onlooker shouted from the public gallery: ‘A thousand deaths is too good for you. I know one of those families. They mean nothing to you.’
Judge Peter Rook QC said Huckle posed a substantial risk for an indefinite period: ‘This was a prolonged campaign of rape of the children from a small community.
‘You targeted and groomed impoverished children and their families in a poor community, no doubt seeking to impress them with your relative wealth as a Westerner.
‘That community was particularly vulnerable because of its poverty. Your offending became entrenched in everyday life, your life revolved around abusing children.
‘Your distorted beliefs are deep-seated, your self-delusion knows no bounds. You were and are sexually obsessed with children. ‘It is clear from your postings on hidden encrypted paedophile websites on the dark web, and from the manual you were in the process of drafting, that your life revolved around your obsession with your own sexual gratification by child sex abuse. It is also clear that, had you not been arrested, you planned to continue the same lifestyle.’
Huckle, who used churches he attended in Kent as a ‘stepping stone’ to gain access to victims abroad, sat with his hands clasped together as if in prayer as he was sentenced.
The judge said a 60-page child abuse manual he penned instructing others on how to target victims was a ‘truly evil document’.
Huckle passed a short letter through the glass dock before sentencing, in which he claimed he was disgusted with his behaviour.
But the judge said he showed no remorse or understanding of the public abhorrence over his campaign of rape. He added: ‘In my view, you may well harbour feelings of regret but there is no feeling of genuine remorse in this case.’
Investigators have been unable to identify Huckle’s victims as he has refused to hand over encrypted passwords to hidden files on his computer.
He was prosecuted over the abuse of 23 children, but officers managed to uncover more than 20,000 indecent images and videos.
Anthony Hill, of the Crown Prosecution Service, said: ‘It is hard to put into words the sheer depravity. For almost nine years, Richard Huckle subjected at least 23 children, some of them very young, to the most horrifying abuse imaginable.
‘He deliberately targeted and groomed vulnerable communities to gain their trust. He took photographs of the abuse to upload on the dark web to share worldwide.’
An NSPCC spokesman said: ‘Huckle is a frighteningly depraved paedophile who bragged about raping babies and delighted in abusing infants who trusted him.
‘He left a trail of devastation and his sentence reflects the severity of his crimes. It is horrifying that Huckle was able to profit from this appalling abuse.’
- How CAN families know their children are safe?: Vanessa George is among paedophiles hiding their criminal past by lawfully changing their name
- British tourist jailed in Egypt for smuggling painkillers is bribing fellow inmates with food to stop them beating her, as sisters are told not to visit her by the Foreign Office because they don't know where she will be
- Schoolboy charged over 'sadistic' and 'vile' knife attack that left a father, 36, blind and in a coma was sent death by his mates on Snapchat who suspected him of talking to police - as the victim's family say he WILL wake from his coma
- Hero PC Andrew Harper's mother slams 'unduly lenient' sentences for her son's killers who will go free in eight years - as she welcomes review of their jail terms
- The murders most foul: He was jailed for the callous slaughter of three people... but did the Beast of Belgravia actually butcher ELEVEN victims?
- Ex-Labour MP Spared Jail Despite Extreme Child Porn Conviction
- Terror attack in Reading: Police call stabbing spree a 'terrorist incident' after 'Libyan' knifeman randomly stabbed three people to death and injured three others before being tackled by unarmed police
- Madeleine McCann news: Apartment was ‘prime location’ for crime and suspect cleared of rape and murder of Claudia Ruf
- Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Fast Facts
- Ghislaine Maxwell latest news: Prince Andrew ‘used Spitting Image puppet to grope women at Jeffrey Epstein’s mansion’
- “I Killed Them All.” The Life Of One Of America’s Bloodiest Hitmen
- Madeleine McCann latest news: Christian B ‘hopes of early release have been dashed’
- Madeleine McCann latest news: Forensic expert says case WILL be solved as suspect’s ‘hopes of early release dashed’
- Sickening truth behind the sex abuse payouts: How 'Nick' got £22,000 for a false claim with just a simple form (even after stating he wasn't British)
- 50 of the best TV shows to binge on Netflix
- St. Louis homeowner Mark McCloskey joins Tucker after being charged with felony for defending his home
- Minn. group that saw $$ surge, some from Biden staffers, bailed out alleged violent criminals: report
- Coronavirus live updates: Outdoor manicures, massage, personal care are open again in Marin County
- Who Won the Battle of Portland?
- Coronavirus live updates: Newsom pushes tax relief for small businesses, including ‘hiring tax credit’
Britain's worst paedophile Richard Huckle, 33, is found 'stabbed to death with a makeshift blade' in his prison cell three years after he was jailed for raping and sexually assaulting 200 children in south-east Asia have 1180 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.