A motorway bridge has collapsed onto several cars during rush hour, horrifying footage has shown.
The footage – taken on a vehicle’s dashcam – shows the traffic slowly moving under the flyover in Wuxi, Jiangsu Province, China.
Suddenly, the bridge collapses and plunges to the ground directly onto several vehicles.
Another distressing video shows how the front of the otherwise flattened cars are visible.
Several people can also be seen looking out onto the devastation from the remaining section of the flyover.
The incident happened at around 6pm local time (11am GMT) on the 312 National Expressway bound for Shanghai.
Chinese media say people were trapped in the vehicles and other footage circulating online shows rescuers trying to free those inside.
The transport authority of Jiangsu said the accident likely happened because of a “seriously overloaded” lorry driving on it.
Chinese news outlet CCTV posted on Twitter than no casualties had been reported yet, citing local media.
It said three cars were trapped under the bridge, including one parked car.
Construction and road accidents are not uncommon in China.
In February 2018, at least eight people died in downtown Foshan, Guangdong province, when a water leak inside a subway station construction site caused a major road to cave in
It is not yet known if there are any casualties.
The footage comes just days after a bridge in Taiwan collapsed, leaving 15 people trapped in the wreckage.
- Italy motorway bridge collapse kills at least 22: deputy minister
- At least 30 dead in Italy motorway bridge collapse ’tragedy’
- Motorway Bridge Collapses in Northern Italy, Dozens Dead (PHOTO, VIDEO)
- M8 travel chaos as 20 cars crash on Erskine Bridge during rush hour
- Casualties feared in Italy after huge section of Genoa motorway bridge collapses
- Motorway Bridge Collapses in Northern Italy, Victims Feared (PHOTO, VIDEO)
- Italy motorway bridge collapses on Genoa buildings in heavy rains, 'dozens' feared dead
- Genoa motorway bridge collapses kills 30 including child
- Genoa motorway bridge collapses in Italy 'killing at least 10' – BBC
- 'Immense tragedy' as Italy motorway bridge collapses