Here’s our rundown of what happened in the Democratic primary this week, as the candidates gear up for Tuesday’s debate in Ohio. Biden comes out for impeachment Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. explicitly endorsed impeachment on Wednesday, going beyond past statements in which he had called only for an impeachment inquiry if President Trump did not cooperate with Congress. “To preserve our Constitution, our democracy, our basic integrity, he should be impeached,” Mr. Biden told supporters in New Hampshire, as he accused Mr. Trump of having “betrayed this nation.” Sanders is trying to regain his footing It’s been a whirlwind week for Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, who is recovering from a heart attack. In addition to the concerns the episode raised about his health, his campaign’s delay in disclosing the heart attack led to criticism about its transparency, which Mr. Sanders has forcefully rejected. Perhaps more consequentially, Mr. Sanders told reporters on Tuesday that he would be changing the “nature” of his campaign by doing fewer events. On Wednesday, he said he had misspoken. Republicans are attacking Warren Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts often tells voters that after she became “visibly pregnant” at the end of her… Read full this story
- Want to bet on Trump, Bernie or Biden to win the 2020 race for president? Hold that thought
- Trevor Noah: where does Biden stand in the 2020 race? Too close to women
- Michael Bloomberg and Tom Steyer spent more than a quarter-billion dollars on the 2020 race. Voters didn't care.
- Pete Buttigieg quits campaign, fellow Democrat Joe Biden back in US presidential race
- Nobody’s Conceding California to Kamala Harris in the 2020 Race
- The resurrection of Joe Biden is almost complete: the race is his to lose
- Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders Both Tout Wins in 'Super Tuesday' Speeches as 2020 Race Tightens
- Biden vs Trump in 2020 Would be Exceedingly Close Race - Professor
- The 2020 Race Has Become The Cable News Primary
- Biden looks for first 2020 victory in South Carolina primary
Biden on Impeachment, L.G.B.T.Q. Forum: This Week in the 2020 Race have 327 words, post on www.nytimes.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.