Barclays raked in almost £17million in profits a day over the summer – £10million more than it expects to save annually from its cash ban at post offices. Figures this week are expected to show that the bank made £1.5billion in profits from July to September. But they come amid the bank’s decision to stop its customers from withdrawing money at post offices from January – a move that is supposed to save Barclays £7million a year. Figures this week are expected to show that the bank made £1.5billion in profits from July to September David Amess, Conservative MP for Southend West, said: ‘This is appalling. ‘I’ve been banking with Barclays since I could open a bank account and its customer service has become increasingly poor. They only care about their shareholders. Youngsters are much more tolerant of using new technology, like online banking. But we really do have an ageing population and many people struggle to use technology. ‘For Barclays, £7million is peanuts. If they need to make cuts, they should be looking elsewhere.’ The Mail has highlighted how thousands of Barclays customers face being left without access to cash as part of our Save Our Local Post Offices campaign…. Read full this story
- Post Office agrees to pay 550 former subpostmasters £58 MILLION to settle High Court dispute after 'faulty IT system made some bankrupt and even sent others to prison for fraud'
- Here's how ICICI Bank users can withdraw cash without credit/debit card
- Former Post Office boss branded 'heartless' by postmasters wrongly jailed over IT glitch FINALLY apologises to them as she says she's sorry she was 'unable to find a solution'
- Is There Mail on Martin Luther King Jr. Day? USPS, UPS, FedEx, Post Offices on MLK Day
- Fidelity Bank rewards savings culture with N13m
- World Bank Condemns Explosion at IMF's Paris Office, Confirms Staff Safe
- East Hartford Post Office Location To Move: Report
- Montco Bank Teller Saves Elderly Customer From Scam: Cops
- Lodger, 42, ‘killed landlady and lived with her corpse as he plundered her bank account of benefits cash’
- Citizens Bank Welcomes Glastonbury Resident as Residential Loan Officer
Barclays made £17m A DAY in profits over the summer - £10m more than the bank expects to save from its controversial cash ban at post offices have 353 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 21, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.