With his Nationals en route to Washington D.C.’s first World Series berth in 86 years, an Alexandria, Virginia lawyer was granted a request by a federal judge to delay a deadline so that he could watch Game 5 of the National League Championship Series with his nine-year-old son on Wednesday. The Nationals ultimately beat the St. Louis Cardinals in Tuesday’s Game 4 to complete the series sweep and advance to the World Series, eliminating the need for his motion to delay Wednesday’s proceedings before a potential Game 5. Regardless, Senior U.S. District Court Judge Rosemary M. Collyer had already granted attorney Jay Friedman’s motion without any objection from his opposition in the Justice Department. ‘Washington D.C.’s professional baseball team, the Nationals (‘Nats’), began this baseball season by losing 31 of its first 50 games,’ Friedman’s somewhat facetious motion began. ‘Since that time, due in part to the unflagging support of a certain nine-year old boy closely associated with undersigned counsel, the wheels of justice have turned and the team has rightfully advanced deep in the baseball playoffs. ‘The nine-year old and counsel wish to continue to stay up late watching baseball and to attend tomorrow’s game [Wednesday’s Game 5], if… Read full this story
- Mom jailed in battle with dad over circumcision of 4-year-old son; judge is asked to halt surgery
- Five men are acquitted of gang rape in Spain after court rules no force was used because the 14-year-old victim was unconscious
- After a week in jail, tearful mom agrees to have 4-year-old son circumcised
- New Trial Date Set For David Creato, Man Accused Of Killing 3 Year-Old Son
- Man Charged in 4-year-old Son’s Shooting Appears in Court
- Breaking: Father Holds 2-Year-Old Son Hostage
- Mom Shot by 4-Year-Old Son: 'We're Not Bad Parents'
- Gun Rights Activist May Be Charged After 4-Year-Old Son Accidentally Shoots Her
- Prosecutor: Man Killed 3-Year-Old Son To Woo Teenager
- ‘Anti-Government’ Woman and 5-Year-Old Son Shot by SWAT Team Officer
Attorney wins motion to delay court case so he can stay up late watching Washington Nationals playoff games with his nine-year-old son, claiming the boy's 'unflagging support' is responsible for team's success have 328 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 18, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.