Export turnover of agricultural products suffered a drop of 7.2%, aquatic products down 2%; and forestry product up 18%.
In the first nine months, Viet Nam’s five largest importers included China (accounting for 21.5% of the market shares); the U.S. (21.2%); the EU (11.9%); ASEAN (9.6%); and Japan 8.5%.
On the other hand, total import turnover hit US$ 23.16 billion, representing a year-on-year decline of 0.7%.
The sector ran a trade surplus of nearly US$ 7 billion in the first nine months.
In September, Viet Nam shipped 586,000 tons of rice and collected US$ 251 million of export turnover. In the first nine months, rice export turnover was estimated at US$ 2.24 billion, up 5.9% in quantity but down 9.8% in value.
In the ninth month, overseas shipment of vegetables and fruits was estimated at US$ 295 million, bringing the total number to US$ 2.84 billion, down 4.3% against the same period last year./.
By Khanh Phuong
- 15 products see export turnover of above US$1 billion
- Agricultural foreign trade hit hard by COVID-19 in Q1
- Haul of items surpass US$1 bln export value mark over 4 months
- Export momentum bounces back
- Wood industry needs fundamental change in export product lines, markets, say experts
- Viet Nam’s exports surge in four months despite pandemic
- During Covid-19, agriculture becomes pillar of the economy
- Vietnam’s exports surge 4.7 percent in four months
- VN export sector sees growing momentum for recovery
- Ministry extends period selecting prestigious exporters 2019
- Ministry extends period selecting Vietnam's prestigious exporters 2019
- Garment exports fall 6.6 percent in four months
- Foreign-invested economic sector enjoys growth from export and import turnover
- Exporters of farm produce face tougher standards in China
- Agriculture still vital, says expert
- Exports of agricultural, forestry and aquatic products down
- Hanoi licenses 235 new FDI projects over four-month period
- Fruit, vegetable exports to Thailand rocket by over 300% in Q1
- Việt Nam’s exports surge in four months despite pandemic
- Agriculture sector will boost seafood, forestry production in H2
Agricultural export turnover hits US$ 30 bln. In Jan-Sept period have 293 words, post on news.chinhphu.vn at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.