KYIV – President Volodymyr Zelenskyy met with the freed Ukrainian sailors who had been detained in the Russian Federation on September 12 in an informal atmosphere in the park courtyard of the Mariyinsky Palace in Kyiv. The meeting was also attended by the relatives of the sailors. Mr. Zelenskyy congratulated the servicemen on the return to their homeland and thanked the sailor’s relatives for the support they provided. “They are the same heroes as you. They did everything to bring you back, and we helped them,” Mr. Zelenskyy said. The president stressed that the operation to return the Ukrainians from Russia had been extremely difficult; many people and authorities were involved in the process and worked in a coherent manner. “It was very difficult to keep it a secret when so many people were involved,” the president said. He presented gifts of presidential watches to the sailors. – Presidential Office of Ukraine
- Diplomat Bill Taylor testifies Trump used Ukraine aid, White House meeting as leverage for probes
- Iran gives US list of prisoners it wants freed in a proposed swap, including scientist arrested last year for sending biological material to Islamic Republic
- Hate preacher Anjem Choudary's banned terror group 'has revived since he was released from jail last year and is holding meetings again'
- News24.com | WATCH | 'El Chapo' son freed - authorities confirm
- Mexican authorities confirm 'El Chapo' Guzman's son freed
- Toronto cop who arrested, freed Bruce McArthur will attend hearing, lawyer says
- Russian agent Butina to be freed from U.S. prison, awaits deportation
- Russian Agent Butina Freed From US Prison, Awaits Deportation
- Russian agent Butina freed from U.S. prison, set to be deported
- Latest: Three people with Irish connections arrested over 39 migrant deaths freed on bail
Zelenskyy meets with freed seamen have 287 words, post on www.ukrweekly.com at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.