Police sealed off several roads in Wigan this morning following reports of gunshots in the early hours. Here’s what we know so far:
A white Toyota was later found abandoned on the corner of Winstanley Road, off Lily Lane in Bryn Gates. It had ploughed into a fence and its occupants had fled the scene.
Forensics have been seen combing all three scenes for evidence.
Redland Court, a cul-de-sac just off Bolton Road and close to the Bryn Hall pub, has also been cordoned off. There are unconfirmed reports that another shooting took place in this area.
The charred remains of another vehicle were found in woodlands nearby.
Detectives have not yet confirmed any injuries or arrests, but have urged residents to avoid the area while they carry out their investigations.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- Do Average Democrats Know Far Left Loons Are Leading Them?
- Coronation Street cast: Former star hints at MAJOR show return ‘Special place in my heart’
- Champs-Elysees in lockdown for Paris' 19th week of Yellow Vest protest
- Wigan baby who was 'murdered' on Friday is pictured for first time
- Wigan Warriors stars called "absolutely disgraceful" after new off-field scandal
- Jamie Peacock's World Club Challenge preview as Wigan face Sydney
- England star Owen Farrell backs hometown Wigan to win World Club Challenge
- Three people arrested on suspicion of murder after man stabbed to death in Wigan
- Mike Cooper expects Warrington-Wigan clash to live up to "bad blood" billing
- Cooper Cronk shrugs off heroics to focus on Wigan World Club Challenge test