PUBLISHED: 10:27 18 September 2019 | UPDATED: 10:27 18 September 2019
Locations in Wisbech where you can refill your water bottle for free thanks to a new scheme led by Councillor Nick Meekins. Picture: Google Maps
There are now various locations around Wisbech where you can fill up your water bottle free of charge thanks to a new scheme.
The aptly named ‘Water Bottle Refill Scheme’ launched earlier this month and has been spearheaded by community champion, Councillor Nick Meekins.
From burger bars to the town’s museum, a handful of businesses and organisations have committed to supplying complementary water to those who want it.
The Refill Organisation coordinates various refill schemes around the UK and works by signing up businesses to agree to display a sticker so people know you can fill up there.
Anyone can download the organisation’s app so visitors to the town can easily find out where they can fill up their bottle with free tap water.
Cllr Meekins said: “It was a very exciting day after several weeks of planning. We had many visitors to our stand on the market place who were very enthusiastic about the scheme.
“Sally Argent and I visited many businesses in the market place area and around 80 per cent agreed to sign up to the scheme.
“We will be visiting more businesses in the next few weeks as this is an ongoing programme and I would like to thank Costa who donated a refillable bottle for our free draw.”
Businesses and organisations who have already signed up in Wisbech:
– Wisbech Town Council
You may also want to watch:
– Beales Department Store
– Terry’s Burger Bar
– Bygones Cafe
– The Globe Public House
– Loafer’s Take Away
– The Rose and Crown Hotel
– Wisbech Wool Shop
– Sweet Retreats
– PT Flavours
– Wisbech and Fenland Museum
– Coyote Bar and Grill
- The five-minute curling hack that could save you £400: Beauty guru claims using a sawn-off WATER BOTTLE is just as good as the new Dyson Airwrap
- The Platypus PlusBottle Collapses to Save Space, Is the Perfect Travel Water Bottle
- No more plastic water bottles on KSRTC premier buses
- Game of Thrones’ series finale left some plastic water bottles on-screen
- Railway collects used mineral water bottles from Shatabdi Express
- Gadkari launches cow dung soap, bamboo water bottles
- Water bottle crushers to be installed in 407 railway stations
- John Lewis reveals spike in sales of eco-friendly cutlery, straws and water bottles... while mantel clocks are on their way out
- Wellness Activist Kourtney Kardashian Has Resolved to 'Fight' 'Unhealthy' Lunches With Plastic Water Bottles
- Top bottled water brands contaminated with dangerous microplastics
- The Klean Kanteen Totes Your Water Around All Summer Long, Saves You Money
- LifeFuels launches its unconventional, long-awaited smart nutrition bottle
- The LIZ Smart bottle reminds you when to drink water and cleans itself
- The Eminently Washable Clean Bottle Unscrews at Both Ends
- PewDiePie Mocks Belle Delphine Bathwater Stunt Touting His Own Minecraft Bottles
- Plan to make Maharashtra drought-free by 2019 fails miserably
- Tap water now safe for drinking in Hanoi
- Indian ships to ban potato chips bags, bottles, other single-use plastics on board from Jan. 1
- Large hotel chains cut use of PET bottles
- Drink More Water With The Bottle That Holds You Accountable
Where you can fill up your water bottle for free in Wisbech have 595 words, post on www.cambstimes.co.uk at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.