The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have come in for plenty of criticism lately but no-one has accused the engaging former squaddie and his actress wife of being wooden or lifeless – until today.
This morning in its coverage of Harry and Meghan, BBC News displayed an image of waxwork models of the couple, rather than an actual photo of the royal pair, in the background of a studio interview.
The photograph of the Madame Tussauds display filled a screen behind the head of royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell as he discussed the Sussex’s new ‘Travalyst’ initiative focused on sustainability for communities and ecosystems in tourist hot spots.
This morning BBC NEws broadcast a photo of Harry and Meghan’s waxworks accidentally
The image used is clearly this Press Association photograph of the royal couple’s waxworks at Madame Tussauds
How it should have looked: Prince Harry speaking in Amsterdam today during the launch of the travel industry partnership
Viewers were quick to take to social media to point out the Corporation’s production error.
Julia Lloyd said the Beeb had been ‘very naughty’ and Catherine McTaggart added ‘have to laugh’.
Several people were amused by the inconsistency of the subject matter – the couple’s efforts to promote sustainability and use of private air travel – with the amusing image of their waxen visages behind the discussion in the studio.
viewers were unimpressed by the mix up and took to Twitter to poke fun at the Corporation
The waxworks made their own headlines last month when Madame Tussauds took the decision to separate their models of Harry and Meghan from their models of
Meghan was added to the London attraction’s royal gallery in May 2018 and displayed among other royals.
But last month her waxwork hit the headlines again when it was moved to a separate room filled with models of other ‘A List Celebrities’ rather than staying with the rest of the royal family.
The waxworks have Harry dressed in a blue suit and Meghan in a green dress and heels
Meghan’s waxwork was moved to the ‘Tussauds Bar’ last month in what was branded a publicity stunt for the central London attraction
- Scam warning over fake celeb ads using Holly Willoughby and Meghan Markle that could cost you THOUSANDS
- Prince Harry makes first appearance since bombshell biography claims to urge the travel industry to 'build back better' in a speech for a virtual summit for his sustainable tourism project Travalyst
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle putting safety at risk by relying on private LA security firms, Diana’s bodyguard claims
- Meghan and Harry latest news: Duchess ‘used Deal or No Deal as stepping stone’ as Sussexes launch Archie pics ban bid
- Meghan Markle gave Kate Middleton a Smythson notebook to 'break the ice' and 'cooed over 20-month-old Princess Charlotte' when the pair first met, new biography claims
- Meghan and Harry latest news: Duchess’ dad Thomas Markle ‘given up on reunion’ and Queen ‘scolded’ Prince over aide row
- Meghan and Harry latest news: Duchess’ ‘proud feminist’ biography cut and Queen ‘scolded’ Prince over aide row
- Queen taking legal action against Prince Charles' former butler in trademarking row
- The 26 most toe-curling quotes from Finding Freedom: Friends who are amazed by Meghan's packing skills and call her 'Grace under fire, classmates who taunt her for being 'perfect' and how Harry is 'tough to impress' (so does it sound like anyone you know?)
- Finding Freedom biographers say Meghan got a 'royal masterclass' from the Queen and saw Prince Charles as a 'second father' - before she and Harry were 'thrown under the bus' by William's aides and left 'emotionally bruised' as they departed Royal
- Truth behind what looked like portrait of one very happy family: Prince of Wales' official 70th birthday family photograph was 'absolute nightmare' because of difficulties with brothers, biography claims
- Woman claims she was raped by Jeffrey Epstein at his New York mansion at 17 while Prince Andrew was in another room and the billionaire pedophile said: 'I know you love it'
- Ghislaine Maxwell latest news: Prince Andrew ‘used Spitting Image puppet to grope women at Jeffrey Epstein’s mansion’
- Aberdeen is put into lockdown: Nicola Sturgeon closes city's pubs and bans travel in and out as bar outbreak cases DOUBLE - just a day after Queen passed through on way to Balmoral
- EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: TV production company behind The Crown to make drama about Sarah Ferguson's former dresser who murdered her boyfriend
- Sheku Kanneh-Mason, the royal wedding cellist, and other young musicians on a life-changing day
- Can YOU spot the holidaymaker eating an ice cream? Tricky holiday brainteaser will put your observation skills to the test
What a bunch of DUMMIES! Bungling BBC News team use image of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Madame Tussauds WAXWORK models during live broadcast about their new travel scheme have 789 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 3, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.