Driving business results and adding value to end customers requires organisations to navigate an ever-changing digital world of disruptive technologies affecting every type of business. How can your business use artificial intelligence, machine learning, cognitive technologies or the internet of things – and can these technologies really transform your business? If you know the answer to these questions, give yourself a pat on the back. If you’re looking to better navigate the world of business digital transformation, stick with us. Unfortunately, digital transformation isn’t easy. Businesses are built on years of refined processes and systems. These systems are at the core of the business, with the majority of IT resources spent on “keeping the lights on”, which is the enemy of digital transformation. Transformation must start at the heart of IT, transforming the way businesses operate, and consuming services rather than building them. This is according to Stephen O’Herlihy, chief technology officer of PFH Technology Group, which specialises in transforming IT, simplifying operations and modernising infrastructure for large national and international organisations globally. Who adds more value to your business: the systems operator who manages data backups, or the data scientist who builds a real-time reporting engine? The latter provides… Read full this story
- How to Edit Videos on Your Phone Using Adobe Premiere Clip
- 6 Reasons to Avoid Cloud Services and Keep Your Feet on the Ground
- Scientists tracked billions of migrating ocean animals using a giant space laser
- Stream once and destroy: 20 great TV episodes too painful to watch twice
- What Is Email Spoofing? How Scammers Forge Fake Emails
- Fresh dangers emanate from Hawaii's Kilauea volcano
- Inside bonkers British firm that will scatter your ashes in SPACE for £3,000 – and even film your final journey in HD
- Our deserts feed the seas, our great rivers are clogged up, our oceans need saving and our ice-caps are melting: CHRISTOPHER STEVENS previews David Attenborough's new Netflix series Our Planet
- A Budding Badass Finds Her Footing in This Excerpt From
- 'There is a point where you feel so small and helpless in an enormous, insane nightmare of a world that you cease to give a hoot and start laughing'
Use the cloud but keep your feet on the ground have 358 words, post on www.businesspost.ie at September 1, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.