The United States has imposed sanctions on two Russian nationals, Denis Kuzmin and Igor Nesterov, with ostensible links to the Internet Research Agency over their alleged interference in the 2018 US midterm elections, the US Treasury announced on its website. The sanctions also targeted three companies, namely Autolex Transport Ltd, Beratex Group Limited and Linburg Industries Ltd. “Today, the US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) took action against Russian actors that attempted to influence the 2018 US midterm elections, though there was no indication that foreign actors were able to compromise election infrastructure that would have prevented voting, changed vote counts, or disrupted the tallying of votes,” the Treasury said. According to the statement, those targeted by the sanctions also had links to Russian businessman Yevgeny Prigozhin who the Treasury designated previously over allegations of election meddling. The two persons and the companies targeted by the fresh sanctions are included into the Specially Designated Nationals List, sometimes referred to as the “blacklist.” The United States has levied sanctions against Russia for allegedly meddling in US elections in 2016 and 2018. This prompted an investigation into the ostensible Russian vote interference by special prosecutor and former FBI chief Robert Mueller…. Read full this story
- So You Want to Find a Russian Bride?
- Post Capitalist Free Market Society (Part VIII) - The Technodem, the Base of Technological Democracy
- E-Marketing - Deciphering the Vast Option on Online Marketing Opportunities For Courier Companies
- What Happens When You Are Sued Over Old Credit Card Debt?
- Election Issues 2009 - Obama Vs McCain
- Conflicts Abound In The Vaccine Debate - Is Your Child Safe From The Scoundrels Of Medicine?
- Civil Liability Threatens Pharmaceutical Companies, But Risks Can Be Mitigated
- Cyber Crime Law Separating Myth From Reality
- Mexican Drug Cartels And Terrorist Are Recruiting For More Fighters To Train As Soldiers
- Implement Enterprise Risk Management
US Sanctions Two Russians, Three Firms 'Tied' To Internet Research Agency Over Vote Meddling Claims have 301 words, post on sputniknews.com at September 30, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.