Issued on: 18/09/2019 – 08:10 New Delhi (AFP) Irish rockers U2 have announced they are to play their first ever concert in India, wrapping up the band’s Joshua Tree Tour 2019 in the coastal megacity of Mumbai on December 15.India has in recent years seen an increase in big international acts touring there, with Beyonce, Shakira, Coldplay, Demi Lovato and Bryan Adams playing to packed venues.Bassist Adam Clayton said he was “looking forward to bringing a dash of Dublin to Mumbai” while frontman Bono evoked India and Ireland’s common struggles for independence from Britain.”We have the same colours in the flag, our tiny little nation. Mahatma Gandhi commented on the struggle for Irish independence and warned against the violent struggle,” Bono told Rolling Stone India.”And our prime minister, he’s a physician — he’s trained in Mumbai, his father’s from Mumbai,” Bono said, referring to Irish premier Leo Varadkar whose father is Indian.The Joshua Tree Tour 2019 kicks off in Auckland November 8 and includes Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth, as well as Singapore, Tokyo, Seoul and Manila, U2 said Tuesday. © 2019 AFP
- 5 to find: Get your Irish on ahead of U2 opening its concert tour in Tulsa
- Pop culture: Read what a reviewer said about U2's 1983 concert in Tulsa
- U2 postpones Berlin concert when Bono loses voice
- New York Dolls Announce UK Concert
- Taylor Swift? Beyonce? U2? Lorde? What was best concert of 2018?
- 9 Things You Should Know Before You Go to India
- The Hunger Games Concert Tour Announces UK Dates
- OK Mozart changes name, announces season
- Netflix announces new slate of original Indian programming
- My Chemical Romance announce 'Return' reunion concert in Los Angeles after seven-year hiatus
U2 announce first ever India concert have 280 words, post on www.france24.com at September 17, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.