The PSNI have issued a Tweet revealing there has been a serious collision on the M1 motorway.
The post says: “We’re dealing with a serious collision on the M1 motorway at the junction with the A10
“Traffic in both directions is currently stopped.
“Avoid the area if possible.”
- M25 traffic: Is the motorway still closed after this morning’s accident and which junctions are affected?
- Revealed: Britain's motorways are so congested the average speed of drivers is just 25MPH in some areas
- Hoon driver caught doing burnout on Adelaide's new motorway minutes after it opened
- 'This should be illegal': Motorists' fury as cyclist is spotted hogging an entire lane at a set of traffic lights instead of using the bike lane next to him
- How smart are Highways England's smart motorways?
- Drivers face huge motorway delays this weekend as school summer holidays begin
- 'Smart motorway' offenders could be offered retraining
- BBC Presenter involved in terrifying crash as driver rear-ends car on motorway
- M42 accident: Motorway closed after pedestrian killed in early morning collision
- Moment showjumping horse makes a run for it down the fast lane of a motorway