Thomas Cook bosses to face MPs as committee examines collapse BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Former executives of Thomas Cook are set to be dragged in front of MPs after a group of influential politicians launched an inquiry into the collapse of the travel business. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/thomas-cook-bosses-to-face-mps-as-committee-examines-collapse-38537987.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/article38537988.ece/db65b/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_417dd97c-ca65-48cd-8517-8c7ec552fd1d_1 Email Former executives of Thomas Cook are set to be dragged in front of MPs after a group of influential politicians launched an inquiry into the collapse of the travel business. The Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) Committee said it plans to question former chief executive Peter Fankhauser and other board members over their stewardship of the firm. Chair Rachel Reeves MP has also written to the Business Secretary Andrea Leadsom to raise concerns about the “slow progress of audit reform”. She added that the committee will focus on bosses’ bonuses, accounting practices and the role of auditors, along with the impact of the collapse on small firms and suppliers. Ms Reeves said: “Amid the frustration of holidaymakers and the misery of thousands of staff losing their jobs, the collapse of Thomas Cook has uncovered what appears to be a sorry tale of corporate greed, raising serious questions about the actions of Thomas Cook’s bosses and their stewardship… Read full this story
- EXCLUSIVE: Senior Tory MP fears Boris Johnson has ‘lost his edge' and is not fully recovered after coronavirus - and warns he needs to be worried about 'savvy' Sir Keir Starmer
- Could the UK get a bank holiday in OCTOBER? Tourism bosses call for extra day off to help industry recover £37billion in lost trade from coronavirus crisis
- Heathrow begins trialling thermal screening temperature checks on passengers as airport's boss signals support for plan to quarantine anyone arriving into the UK from abroad
- Britain's new covid queen who will lead test and trace scheme: Baroness Dido is Tory MP's wife who was raised on a pig farm (and thinks there is too much maternity leave)
- BHS pension problems can be solved, Sir Philip Green tells MPs
- MPs' quarantine rebellion: Team of Tory politicians including seven former ministers are urging the Government to scrap plan to order all arrivals into UK to self-isolate for 14 days
- PETER OBORNE: The Tories face one of the greatest crises in their history - if they turn their back on Mrs May's deal, many voters will never forgive them
- MPs issue scathing attack on the soaring £100billion cost of HS2 and warn the rail project's bosses have been 'blindsided by reality'
- School's IN for summer? Ex-Ofsted boss says end-of-term holiday should be scrapped to help pupils catch up and prevent a 'lost generation'
- How passengers at airports around the world face stringent checks to halt coronavirus spread while UK is the only country STILL not checking travellers
Thomas Cook bosses to face MPs as committee examines collapse have 482 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at September 26, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.