Edinburgh, Fife & East Scotland By Angie Brown BBC Scotland, Edinburgh and East reporter 18 September 2019 Share this with Facebook Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share this with Email Share this with Facebook Share this with WhatsApp Share this with Messenger Share this with Twitter Share Share this with These are external links and will open in a new window Email Share this with Email Facebook Share this with Facebook Messenger Share this with Messenger Messenger Share this with Messenger Twitter Share this with Twitter Pinterest Share this with Pinterest WhatsApp Share this with WhatsApp LinkedIn Share this with LinkedIn Copy this link https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-49652726?intlink_from_url=&link_location=live-reporting-story Read more about sharing. These are external links and will open in a new window Close share panel Like a wine taster, Sarah pulls the glass towards her nose and swirls the contents to release the complex aromas before tasting and spitting into a bucket.She is highly-trained and expert in picking up any abnormal odours or tastes but it is not wine in her glass, it’s tap water.Each year 15,000 samples of drinking water from across Scotland are checked by a team of 23 tasters.Their noses and tongues detect anything from too… Read full this story
- Cuba could be represented at Little League World Series for first time after new deal is reached
- EPA ‘moving forward’ to limit PFAS chemicals found in Alabama tap water
- 15-year-old Oregonian Maxine McCormick is a prodigy and world champion in the little-known sport of fly casting
- Can Newsom’s Tap Water Tax Plan Stay Afloat?
- Central Pa. Marine dies in bombing; toxin found in tap water: Good Morning, Pennsylvania (newsletter)
- Tap water to be tested for toxins; must-sees for movie geeks; more: Good Morning, Pennsylvania (newsletter)
- Hudson Yards' $25 billion project caps global push for little-known pension fund
- Little known about links between suicide and mass tragedies like Columbine, Sandy Hook and Parkland
- Judge Andrew Napolitano: Roe's little-known companion case, Doe v. Bolton and the right to stay alive
- Code Blue: Little-known state agency may have just made California’s nursing shortage much worse
The little-known world of the tap water tasters have 362 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at September 17, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.