100 Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) Quentin Tarantino’s latest jaw-dropper bumps Kill Bill: Vol 1 off the list in gloriously irreverent fashion. Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt star as a fading western star and his mutt-loving stunt double in this relaxed and loving roast of bygone Tinseltown. CS Read the review 99 Bright Star (2009) An early lead for Ben Whishaw as the ailing John Keats romancing Fanny Brawne (Abbie Cornish) is the tremulous soul of this underappreciated Jane Campion drama. The butterflies are too tropical for Hampstead, but the rest is spot-on. CS Read the review 98 The Dark Knight (2008) The only comic book movie to make the cut is Christopher Nolan’s genre masterpiece: fatalist, bracing and forever the legacy of Heath Ledger, posthumously awarded an Oscar for his terrifying performance. CS Read the review 97 Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004) Michael Moore’s finest hour: a blazing juggernaut with George W Bush, the Iraq war, the media, democracy and us, the gullible masses, in its crosshairs. Agitprop, and essential. CS Read the review 96 Private Life (2018) Kathryn Hahn and Paul Giamatti struggle to start a family, and to keep their marriage together, in this subtle, funny and… Read full this story
- New film about climate change has a surprising hero: An Eastern Kentucky strip mine.
- Reel Nashville 2018: Best of the Fest
- The 21 Best Events in Denver, May 8 Through May 14
- Nigeria: Jonathan Urges African Leaders to Embrace Local Content
- Book reviews: Human mechanics, hidden magic and the joys of rhyme
- Michael Bolton Presents ‘American Dream: Detroit,’ a Love Letter From Motor City Legends – tonight only
- The Force was strong in LA as ‘Star Wars’ creator George Lucas launched his Narrative Art museum
- Africa: Countries Must Compete for Migrant Workers to Boost Their Economies
- White Helmets 'staging fake attacks' in Syria? We sort fact from fiction
- Tom Wolfe, ‘New Journalist’ With Electric Style and Acid Pen, Dies at 88
The 100 best films of the 21st century have 311 words, post on www.theguardian.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.