A teenager has been charged with the murder of 16-year-old Jaydon James.
Jaydon Washington James, was stabbed to death in Wood End while out with his friends just before midnight on Saturday November 24. He died in hospital later that night.
Two of his friends were also taken to hospital suffering serious injuries.
A teen has now been charged and appeared in court over his murder.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was this morning arrested on suspicion of stabbing the 16-year-old and two counts of wounding.
Watch: Incredible collection of flowers and tributes laid in Wood End for Jaydon James
The teenager appeared before Dudley Magistrates Court this afternoon and was remanded to appear at Wolverhampton Crown Court tomorrow (20 September).
Detective Inspector Stuart Mobberley from the force’s homicide unit, said: “Although we have charged someone with Jaydon’s murder, our investigation continues and we still welcome information about the circumstances of his death.”
I would urge anyone with information to get in touch with my team.”
A 16-year-old was arrested on suspicion of murder on November 29 in Oxford and was bailed pending further investigations.
Detectives can be contacted via Live Chat at west-midlands.police.uk between 8am and midnight, call 101 anytime or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Latest crime news
- Teen accused of murdering Jaydon James appears in court
- Teen (17) charged with carrying out 'sickening' drill attack on woman
- Teen, 17, charged with murder after man, 23, stabbed at Brixton youth club
- Teen, 17, admits murdering dog rescuer with samurai sword and axe
- Teen (17) charged with murder after 10 killed in school shooting
- Homophobic motive probed as teen (17) charged with drill attack on woman (38)
- Jaydon James: Inquest opens into death of stabbed Cov teen
- Update on teen arrested over Jaydon James murder
- Jaydon James: Candlelit vigil held in memory of teen