There are various entities within the Ministry for Justice, Culture and Local Government which are doing their utmost to protect our heritage. In my previous articles I wrote at length about the excellent work being done by the Restoration Directorate and also Heritage Malta. Their mission – to preserve, restore, maintain and also give a new life to our heritage – is giving exceptional results.Another entity with a “mission to fulfil the duties of the State in ensuring the protection and accessibility of Malta’s cultural heritage”, is the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage, headed by Joseph Magro Conti.In the past months, the entity had been strengthened with the engagement of professional staff, a new collective agreement, and ongoing training. This is in line with one of the three fundamental pillars in the culture sector – that of increasing professionalization. The culture sector is at the heart of our strategy, and we are committed to keep on strengthening the sector in all ways possible.The Superintendence of Cultural Heritage is responsible for the scientific investigations related to cultural heritage assets found both on land and at sea. The Superintendence also regulates archaeological evaluations and monitoring of development works in order to guide on… Read full this story
- Cyclist's family take council to court
- Capital to host Festival of Cultural Heritage [PHOTO]
- Norfolk beaches take part in Danny Boyle’s Remembrance Day tribute
- Take a look at new care home plans for former Start-Rite shoe factory site
- John McLellan: Football-style vote of confidence for World Heritage boss?
- ‘A place of refuge’: Bird-watching takes flight on Chicago’s South Side
- Shirvanshahs' Heritage highlighted in Baku [PHOTO]
- £135,300 grant secured to promote heritage
- This is why Everton's stadium project is taking so long
- Everton's Bramley Moore plans take major step forward
Taking care of our heritage have 297 words, post on www.independent.com.mt at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.