An Uber driver called police at 3 a.m. Sept. 1 to report unruly passengers in her vehicle who were argumentative and asking to “do drugs” in her vehicle.
When the four passengers found out she was calling police, two of the males grabbed her from behind and tried to turn the wheel of the moving vehicle, according to the driver. When the victim pulled off the road to await officers, one of the males ran away.
The three remaining suspects appeared highly intoxicated but denied attacking the driver. Officers tracked down the fourth suspect, but they filed charges against only three of the males.
Police charged a 21-year-old from Olmsted Falls with assault and disorderly conduct, a 20-year-old from Westlake with underage consumption and assault, and a 20-year-old from Elyria with underage consumption.
Thefts from vehicles: Allen Drive
Police at 2 A.M. Sept. 3 responded to a call about three subjects running around the Allen Drive neighborhood.
Police could not immediately locate the suspects, but about 20 minutes later, an officer spotted a silver SUV with an out-of-state plate prowling around the Mendelssohn Drive neighborhood, according to police. The SUV’s driver, apparently spotting the cruiser, sped off and was last seen driving about 100 mph on I-90 east bound.
Officers discovered four parked and unlocked vehicles were entered on Allen and Westhill. The only items missing appeared to be loose change.
Police later learned that the vehicle that fled the area most likely was a Kia Sorento that had been stolen in Cleveland earlier in the night.
Disorderly conduct: Detroit Road
Discount Drug Mart employees called police at 8 p.m. Aug. 31 and reported that a man was staggering around the store and entered the employee break room.
Officers noted that the man was swaying while sitting in the break room. Although he denied drinking, the 62-year-old Fairview Park resident appeared intoxicated, according to police. They cited the man with disorderly conduct and arranged his transportation to a hospital.
Vandalism: Clague Park
A man and woman walked into the park at 11:41 p.m. Aug. 27 and wandered around the new Peterson Pool.
The man spray-painted graffiti on one of the brick structures at the pool. Police have surveillance video of the two suspects.
Read more news from the West Shore Sun.
- Uber driver charged with raping California woman in car
- Uber driver robbed his passenger, HCM City cops say
- New York truck attack suspect charged with terrorism
- Vietnamese motorbike taxis disguising themselves as Grab, Uber drivers to con clients
- “I was a suicide bomber“: Paris suspect charged in Belgium
- Boston bomb suspect charged, could face death
- French anti-Uber protests turn violent
- Spain suspect says terror cell planned big attack on monuments
- Rape victim sues Uber for digging into medical records
- France charges main suspect in foiled attack plot
- Three Khanh Hoa cops charged with torture
- Man charged after woman 'found beheaded' in London garden
- PSG defender Aurier sentenced to jail for police assault
- Man held for murdering taxi driver in Hanoi
- Woman prof charged with murder in US campus shooting
- Police to launch criminal probe into 'violent' protest in central Vietnam
- 'Unfit' Uber stripped of London licence
- Uber stripped of London licence, CEO tweets 'pls work w/us'
- US Ohio kidnapping suspect may face death penalty
- Uber taxi service faces legitimacy question
Suspects charged in Uber driver assault: Westlake Police Blotter have 535 words, post on www.cleveland.com at September 8, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.