Former Stoke City forward Jon Walters has hit back at ‘bullying’ Roy Keane after the former Manchester United captain publicly delved into his personal life during a live podcast. Keane, who with teammate Gary Neville was speaking at an event in Dublin, criticised Walters for crying during a television interview where the ex-Burnley striker was asked about the loss of his mother at an early age along with a host of other personal tragedies Showing little sympathy for Walters’ situation, Keane told his former player to try ‘lying low for a while’ and advised him to ‘have a look at his medals’ before joking that it would not take him long to do so. And now Walters, who spent seven years at the Bet365 stadium during his playing career, has responded by fulfilling his promise to tell the full story to presenter Kelly Cates on JOE’s Liquid Football podcast. “[Keane] was a good player. He was an unbelievable player,” said Walters. “He is known as a hard man on the pitch, but there is a difference between being a hard man on the pitch and being a tough guy. Having a sharp tongue and a stare doesn’t make you a… Read full this story
- Roy Keane pulls out as ITV pundit for World Cup to focus on coaching
- Kasper Schmeichel warns Denmark to expect a team of Roy Keanes in play-off against Ireland
- Ben Stokes shines with bat and ball as England hammer New Zealand to level ODI series
- Jon Keller’s Massachusetts Turkeys For 2019
- Ian Wright's closest footballer pals predicted his 'short fuse' would lead to I'm A Celebrity bullying row after 2018 winner Harry Redknapp predicted he would 'blow' in the jungle
- Ben Stokes Hopes England Can Bring "Best Game" Against India After Australia Setback
- 'Pogba can't be Veron, Scholes, Keane and Cantona in one,' says Solskjær
- Jon Faine's career of questions
- London Bridge terrorist 'preached with ISIS flags after being bullied at school'
- Stoke Mandeville hospital ‘still putting children at risk’
Stoke favourite Jon Walters hits back at 'bully' Roy Keane have 337 words, post on www.stokesentinel.co.uk at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.