The rugby league community has this evening paid tribute to an RAF Marham serviceman who died following an incident during a match earlier this week.
Senior Aircraftsman (Technician) Scott Stevenson, who was 25, died in hospital on Monday, three days after sustaining a serious head injury while playing in an inter-services fixture.
A minute’s silence was observed in his memory ahead of tonight’s Super League playoff match between the Warrington Wolves and the Castleford Tigers at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.
Similar tributes will take place at other fixtures over the coming days, including Saturday’s Championship playoff fixture between York City Knights, for whom Scott played at Under-18 level, and Featherstone Rovers.
Meanwhile, United Kingdom Armed Forces Rugby League has confirmed that an inter-services match between the RAF and the Royal Navy will go ahead as planned in Featherstone tomorrow.
- Tributes paid to police dog handler and rugby league fan found dead at Leeds house
- 7 talking points rugby league weekend
- LIVE Rugby League news: Hull KR backed and St Helens scrum-half on the move
- Seven talking points from the rugby league weekend
- Rugby league farewells Graham Murray
- Why the first family of darts, boxing and snooker are turning their attention to rugby league
- Rugby League: Anthony Griffin breaks his silence on Penrith Panthers axing
- Rugby League: NRL Footy Show slammed for 'fat-shaming' former star Dave Taylor
- Kevin Sinfield: Leeds Rhinos legend returns as director of rugby