One of the biggest sporting events of the year is about to land right on our doorstep.
Taking place from 21 – 29 September 2019, cycling’s Road World Championships begin in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
Millions of visitors are expected, along with some of the world’s best cyclists.
There’ll be races in a range of disciplines, chasing across the region for the honour of wearing the rainbow-striped jersey.
ITV correspondent Gregg Easteal is riding the route of the men’s elite road race, meeting the people and places that will make this event special along the way.
A list of road closures and affected routes can be found here.
- Road World Championships 2019
- Full route announced for Yorkshire's 2019 Road World Championships
- Cycling UCI Road World Championships 2019 to start in Beverley
- Anna van der Breggen welcomes return of rivalry with Yorkshire’s Lizzie Deignan for World Championships
- Cycling: Pedersen reigns in the rain to claim shock world road title
- City centre cycle ride to return
- Archibald races into the unknown in men’s time trial
- Geraint Thomas could be tempted by Giro d’Italia in 2020
- Crowds gather in Bradford for start of elite women's road race