Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge was born on July 22, 2013. He’s the first child for Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge and has two younger siblings – Princess Charlotte, four, and Prince Louis, one. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were clearly instantly besotted with their first son the moment he was born.
Showing him off to the world in the hours after his birth, they couldn’t contain their smiles.
William was the picture of the caring husband and father, overheard calling his wife “poppet” as he ushered her back inside the Lindo Wing in London.
Couples often give their baby a nickname before they’re born and the Cambridges were no different – and theirs was adorable.
The couple revealed they called George “our little grape” when he was still in Kate’s belly, deciding on his name once they met the future King.
He was named after King George VI, the Queen’s father, George’s great-great-grandfather.
Since his birth, the family have adopted another adorable nickname for George: ‘Tips’.
This started because his initials – PG for Prince George – reminded them of the tea, PG Tips.
After a while, they dropped the ‘PG’, and just Tips remained.
But it seems little Tips had his own idea of a nickname for himself – and it’s one his cousin might have ended up with.
In early 2019, Prince George surprised a local dog walker in Berkshire when he said that his name was Archie.
The woman, who did not want to be named, said: “I was asked by a police minder not to take a photo of the children, which I didn’t, but George started stroking my dog.
“Just to be friendly I engaged in a bit of small talk and I asked George what his name was, even though obviously I knew it.
“To my astonishment, he said ‘I’m called Archie’ with a big smile on his face.
“I don’t know why he calls himself Archie but kids often play with their names and I think it’s lovely.”
This was months before Meghan Markle and Prince Harry named their firstborn son Archie – perhaps George chose it for them?
- Britain’s Prince William and Kate return home with newborn son
- Britain's royal baby named George Alexander Louis
- Chubby Prince George shown off at royal christening
- Baby boy for Britain's William and Kate
- First official photos of Prince George
- British monarchs, present and future, photographed on occasion of Prince George's christening
- In a union of tradition and modernity, U.S actress Meghan marries Prince Harry
- William and Kate leave London hospital with newborn son
- It's a boy for Britain's William and Kate
- 'George' scores low in baby-naming research
- Queen meets new royal baby, 'UK prince' registers birth
- Crowds besiege palace after British royal baby birth
- Britain's baby princess meets the grandparents
- Queen Elizabeth II: a lifetime of devotion to duty
- Japanese zoo rethinking 'Charlotte' for newborn monkey
- Japan mayor vows no name change for Charlotte the monkey
- Britain welcomes naming of baby Princess Charlotte
- Thousands brave rain for Queen Elizabeth II's 90th birthday party
Prince George name: The adorable nickname Kate and William gave baby George have 514 words, post on feedproxy.google.com at September 30, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.