PUBLISHED: 12:41 11 September 2019 | UPDATED: 12:41 11 September 2019
The AA have awarded the Marsham Arms, a restaurant come hotel, one rosette out of five after a recent visit. PictureL Colin Finch
A restaurant near Aylsham has become the eighth in Norfolk to receive the long-established AA rosette award for culinary excellence.
The AA have awarded the Marsham Arms, a restaurant come hotel in Hevingham, one rosette out of five after a recent visit.
Owners Nigel and Jean Bradley said in s statement: “We would like to thank all their team for the hard work they have put in to gain this award.
“With head chef James Mortimer leading his brigade in the kitchen with ample support from his wife Jenna and the front of house team.”
The AA Restaurant Guide publishes its rosette awarded restaurants every other year.
The awards are given by AA inspectors and range from one rosette for sound quality to five rosettes for pinnacle of achievement.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bradley said: “We joined at AA for the first time this year and they did a mystery shopper experience, reviewed our food and rooms and we were awarded with a rosette.
“Our head chef is so passionate about food and he is over the moon with the rosette, he is hoping to improve by getting two next year.”
Mr Bradley has been running the Marsham Arms since 1976 and has built the business from the ground up.
He said: “I studied Hotel Management and Catering at Norwich City College and in 1976 became the Licensee.
“In the early 80s the interest for food in public houses was growing, I developed the food offerings, taking the menu from bar snacks to a full dining experience, I built eight hotel rooms in 1989, and the 90s saw the addition of a function room.”
Jean joined Nigel in 2005 and has since become very involved in the management and running of the business.
The pub sadly had to close in 2010 for 10 months due to fire damage, after a refurbishment, the pub re-opened one year later with five new hotel rooms and a further developed food offering.
Mr Bradley said: “We had a little celebration with all the staff and housekeepers after finding out about the rosette, without them we would never have received it.”
- Oxley Holdings and CDL clinch major wins at EdgeProp Singapore Excellence Awards 2019, unveiling the ultimate benchmark of excellence in Singapore’s property development community
- Technical Excellence Awards 2012
- Five SCF Employees Receive Leadership Excellence Award
- 4 CT teachers earn presidential excellence awards
- Technical Excellence Awards 2014
- 2 D228 Educators Recognized With 'Those Who Excel' Awards
- Technical Excellence Awards 2010
- 25th Annual Technical Excellence Awards
- Technical Excellence Awards 2011
- Celebrate YouTube Music Award Winners With Exclusive Content