A BREAK FROM IMPEACHMENT … TODAY’S NRCC … A FEW WEEKS AGO, Democratic South Carolina Rep. JOE CUNNINGHAM’S wife, Amanda, complained on Instagram that the couple’s health care — which Cunningham gets through the government — did not cover “mental-health therapy” and marriage counseling. The Post and Courier wrote a story and so did the Free Beacon, which has the videoTHE NRCC — which, as the NYT pointed out, has punched frequently this cycle — pounced. The NRCC initially jumped on Cunningham’s video (which, to be fair, many Republicans thought was a bit tone-deaf, given the generous health benefits afforded to members of Congress).BUT THAT WASN’T ENOUGH for the folks on First Street SE. NRCC staffers decided to rib Amanda Cunningham for apparently being in marriage counseling. After she posted on Instagram that she appreciated Beto O’Rourke “getting bolder,” the NRCC went to town. Their broadside had nothing to do with insurance.– @NRCC, at 12:45 p.m. Thursday: “Looks like Mrs. Cunningham likes a man who supports baseless impeachment…wonder if this will come up in @RepCunningham’s marriage counseling?” The accompanying news release: “Will impeachment be discussed in Cunningham’s marriage counseling?”CHRIS PACK, the spokesman for the NRCC, said Cunningham gave them the… Read full this story
- Don Jr ‘excited to help take back the House in 2022 with GOP leader Kevin McCarthy’ after Trump Mar-a-Lago meeting
- GOP Leaders Outside Of Washington Support Biden’s COVID-19 Relief Plan
- GOP leader calls out House Democrat for troop 'stunt'
- AP sources: GOP leader McConnell will vote to acquit Trump
- ‘Dangerous Precedent’: GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy Says Politicization of Military ‘Must Stop Now’
- GOP leader to try to force Swalwell off panel
- Parkland School Shooting Survivor David Hogg Calls For House GOP Leader To Denounce Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene
- GOP pulling out all the stops to delay COVID-19 package
- Look at everything the GOP wants to cancel
- White House Deputy Press Secretary Suspended After Report He Threatened Politico Reporter
POLITICO Playbook: The tweet that has GOP leaders cringing have 320 words, post on www.politico.com at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.