Emergency services have been called to the scene of the two-vehicle collision on the A63, at the A15 just before 9am on Tuesday, September 17.
Police say one person is being treated for injuries at the scene, although it is not clear what the extent of their injuries are.
The road was fully closed soon after the accident to allow treatment and recovery to take place.
Drivers were told the avoid the area by Humberside Fire and Rescue Service who said queues were forming past “Brough and beyond”.
One driver said he had been on the A15 from Elloughton for half an hour and had only reached North Ferriby before the road was closed.
He said: “I think the police said the delays are five miles now.”
Firefighters said they had crews from Calvert Lane and Clough Road at the scene as well as three appliances and a RSU (Rescue Support Unit).
Meanwhile, police urged drivers to avoid the area. A spokeswoman for the force said: “Officers are currently on the eastbound carriageway of the A63, between North Ferriby and the Humber Bridge, following a collision involving two cars.
“One person is being treated for injuries, the extent of which is not currently know. Motorists are advised to avoid the area where possible, whilst emergency services are on the scene.”
Follow Hull Live
Our daily newsletter – To get the latest headlines direct to your email inbox every day, click here .
Follow Hull Live on Facebook – Like our Facebook page to get the latest news in your feed and join in the lively discussions in the comments. Click here to give it a like!
Follow us on Twitter – For breaking news and the latest stories, click here to follow Hull Live on Twitter.
Follow us on Instagram – On the Hull Live Instagram page we share gorgeous pictures of our stunning city – and if you tag us in your posts, we could repost your picture on our page! We also put the latest news in our Instagram Stories. Click here to follow Hull Live on Instagram .
- Police issue statement after crash closes A30
- Police issue statement over social media rumours of plane crash
- Police issue statement as officers shut Daltry Street Flyover
- Police issue statement after 2 killed in county collision
- Serious A63 crash: Police issue statement as road closed both ways
- Police issue statement as two buses and a car crash on A63
- Police issue statement as officer crashes on A63
- Police issue statement as officers and man hurt in Bransholme crash
- Police issue renewed appeal for driver a week after fatal crash