Police are investigating after a woman was sexually assaulted in Bedminster in the early hours of this morning (September 15).
The assault was believed to have happened in the St John’s Lane area.
Police have cordoned off the wooded area between Francis Road and St John’s Lane, near The Malago river, and forensics teams are at the scene.
A spokesperson from Avon and Somerset police told Bristol Live: “We’re investigating after a woman was sexually assaulted in the St John’s Lane area of Bedminster in Bristol, in the early hours of today (September 15).
“We’re in the very early stages of our inquiry and a police cordon is in place to allow for an examination of a potential scene to take place.
“The victim is being given all the support she needs at this time.”
Police are also appealing for witnesses and have asked anyone who was in the St John’s Lane area of Bedminster in the early hours of Sunday morning, who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, to contact them.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting reference number 5219212987.
Today’s top stories
If you would like to see all the latest news from in and around Bristol, you can check back on Bristol Live’s homepage.
- Updates: Police cordon off Bristol road after man attacked
- Major emergency response after crash in South Bristol
- Police cordon in place after hit-and-run near nightclub
- Why police can't say when road will reopen after armed burglary
- Updates: Two further men arrested as police get more time in murder inquiry
- Updates: Bristol street closed by emergency services
- Bristol Live: Breaking news, weather, traffic and travel today
- Woman sexually assaulted in Bristol church courtyard
- Residents 'devastated' following huge workshop fire in Bristol