A humpback whale has been sighted in Bridlington Bay.
Ian Howard captured four images of the animal and shared them on social media yesterday afternoon (September 16).
Bridlington Coastguard shared the sighting and a spokesperson said: “At the beginning of the summer we posted about dolphins which had been sighted in Bridlington Bay.
“Well it just gets better! Today just off Bempton Cliffs a humpback whale has been sighted!”
People on social media responded with how “amazing” and “fantastic” the sighting is.
- Humpback whale sightings in SoCal might be at a record high in January
- Food chain disruption eyed in Hawaii humpback whale sighting decline
- Humpback whale sightings in the Hawaiian isles have been declining
- Humpback whale sightings around Hawaii declining
- Humpback whale sightings might be at a record high in January
- Humpback whale sightings becoming less common around Hawaii
- Humpback whale sightings on the rise, researchers say
- Concern for humpback whale spotted in bay
- Rescue attempt to be made on distressed humpback whale in Raritan Bay