Just a few days ago, Tesla announced their new Version 10 software update, which included such things as the ability to play Cuphead and watch Netflix while in park, as well as their new Smart Summon feature, which frees humanity from the brutal indignity of short walks to their cars in parking lots. As you can imagine, people have been trying out the Smart Summon feature eagerly, leading to Twitter posts of people discovering that maybe, just maybe, it’s not exactly perfect. Smart Summon is pretty dramatic. It allows an owner to call, from some distance (line of sight only, though, and be ready to stop the 4,000 pound machine you’re having drive through public areas) right to you, so your lazy ass doesn’t need to walk to the car. Now, I freely admit that Smart Summon does seem pretty cool, and it’s by no means an insignificant achievement—it’s a very limited form of autonomous driving as the car drives itself to the owner, and that’s a big deal. I also think that Tesla has underestimated the chaos of real-world parking lots and overestimated their technology, neither of which surprise me. Part of the reason I’m not so shocked is… Read full this story
- Now you can play Fortnite with people using rival consoles
- Relief for patients as new doctors recruited to run under-threat GP surgery
- Theresa May uses her New Year message to make desperate plea about Brexit
- New smart motorway cameras are in operation on the M1
- Speed cameras on the new smart motorway are still not working
- Sex robots to FEEL human touch with new ‘smart skin’ making cyber love more realistic
- New smart parking system to be introduced in Halifax this year
- Police: 'Stop using this road as a rat-run or face £50 fine'
- New smart bed will roll selfish sleepers back to their side
- Afghan refugee brothers find new passion for trail running in Waikato
People Using Tesla's New Smart Summon Feature Are Already Running Into Trouble And It's Hard To Be Shocked - Jalopnik have 325 words, post on jalopnik.com at September 29, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.