0 Post a comment Thursday, 12 September 2019 – Local People by Dylan Davies – Deputy news editor @dylandavies1 [email protected] A taxi driver who refused to take a visually-impaired passenger and a guide dog has had his licence suspended. The news came to light at a Gwynedd Council meeting this week where members raised concerns about taxi drivers in the county ‘cherry picking’ fares.The driver had his licence suspended for a week after refusing to transport a visually-impaired passenger who had a guide dog.At the council’s licensing committee, it was confirmed that the authority is continuing to clamp down on taxi drivers who ‘cherry-pick’ passengers to try to land bigger fares.The “serious” incident, which was said to have taken place recently, saw an unidentified taxi driver refuse to transport the “vulnerable” member of the public as the intended journey was “too short”.Meeting in Caernarfon on Monday, the general licensing committee rubber-stamped a rise in the maximum Hackney taxi fare.The move, which was initially discussed and recommended in July, will see the maximum cost of a two-mile journey increase from £5 to £6 following a request from taxi companies in the county.But after concerns were raised over the growing issue of drivers ‘cherry-picking’… Read full this story
- Stranded passengers rescued from bungee ride
- NFL Week 2 Bettor's Guide: Giants pick rides on Odell Beckham's status; How big to go with Raiders
- Puppies more likely to become guide dogs if not coddled by mom: study
- Unruly passenger arrested for refusing to sit, doing yoga on Hawaii-Japan flight
- Ted Cruz says he will not endorse Donald Trump like ‘a servile puppy dog,’ refuses to say who he’s voting for
- Meet Diesel, a service dog in training who lives and learns with WPI students in the Phi Kappa Theta fraternity
- What’s the Right Number of Taxis (or Uber or Lyft Cars) in a City?
- 4 dos and don’ts when you’re around a service dog
- Who’s a good boy? Golden retriever wins top dog honors
- Cowabunga! Surf Dogs Hit The Waves For World Championships
Passenger with guide dog refused ride in taxi have 345 words, post on www.cambrian-news.co.uk at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.