Old Northern Ireland schoolhouse goes on sale after restoration BelfastTelegraph.co.uk An old schoolhouse dating back to 1862 which was transformed into a luxurious home has come on the market. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/old-northern-ireland-schoolhouse-goes-on-sale-after-restoration-38500172.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/article38500170.ece/653cf/AUTOCROP/h342/2019-09-16_new_53389468_I5.JPG Email An old schoolhouse dating back to 1862 which was transformed into a luxurious home has come on the market. The property, situated on the Dunkirk Road near Waringstown, Co Down, was used as a school until the 1970s, and then as a youth club and hall. But it slowly declined into a state of disrepair, and was targeted by thieves and vandals. Its current owners, Vincent and Amanda O’Brien, came upon the near-derelict building by chance – but immediately recognised its potential. They transformed the property, which was once at the heart of the local community. Mr O’Brien said that when he and his wife saw the Old Schoolhouse, it was love at first sight. He said: “My wife always wanted an old stone house and we had been looking out for something suitable, but we discovered the Old Schoolhouse by accident. “She took a wrong turning one day and there was the house, but it was a sorry looking sight. “The plaque on the outside of the… Read full this story
- Domestic abuse bill: Coercive control to become offence in Northern Ireland
- 'Gay cake' row in Northern Ireland: Q&A
- Handshake symbolises Northern Ireland's new politics
- Peace walls: Support for removing barriers in Northern Ireland grows
- Remembrance Sunday: Ceremonies take place in Northern Ireland
- Several Northern Ireland roads affected by flooding
- Is abortion legal in Northern Ireland and Ireland – what does the law say?
- Irish ministers to attend Remembrance Day ceremonies in Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland conflict 50 years on: will a no-deal Brexit threaten the peace?
- Karen Bradley: Northern Ireland talks will not 'be easy'
Old Northern Ireland schoolhouse goes on sale after restoration have 324 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at September 15, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.