HUNTINGTON – A Huntington murder trial was delayed again as a woman accused of killing her husband considers whether to take a plea deal.
Jessica Gordon, 31, of Huntington, was charged with murder in 2017 in the Oct. 22 shooting death of her husband, Christopher Gordon, 31, at the couple’s home on Cavalier Drive.
According to police, Gordon said her husband had held her down on a bed, but gave conflicting information that he had strangled her. Gordon told police she retrieved a gun from a gun safe on the other side of the bed and fired one shot, which struck her husband in his left temple.
During her 2017 arraignment, Gordon told The Herald-Dispatch, “It’s not what it seems.”
Gordon was scheduled to go to trial Sept. 10 in Cabell Circuit Judge Christopher Chiles’ courtroom, but defense attorney Ray Nolan said Thursday he is still waiting for evidence to be exchanged in the case, including additional statements and a forensics report.
Cabell Prosecutor Sean “Corky” Hammers was expected to turn over more information to Nolan, who said that might potentially delay the case if he needed to hire an expert witness.
Nolan said Gordon had been offered a plea deal to second-degree murder, which calls for a 10- to 40-year sentence, but she was turning down the offer until they were able to review the evidence.
Chiles set a return date for 9 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 26.
- Robert Durst's murder trial has been postponed until April 2021
- Keeley Bunker had 'deep bruising' on her face and neck, murder trial hears
- Keeley Bunker murder trial: Man accused of raping and killing friend 'a bit sad' after arrest
- Keeley Bunker murder trial: Uncle let out 'horrendous scream' as he found victim's body
- Three travellers hug as they are CLEARED of murdering PC, as his widow weeps in court: Gipsies who dragged officer for a mile behind getaway car as he tried to stop them stealing a quad bike are convicted of manslaughter - as it emerges police had to prote
- Man charged with rape and murder of Keeley Bunker 'asked girl for sex two years before'
- 'Murdered' Keeley Bunker's final words to pal before being found dead in woods
- New trial ordered for woman convicted of murder-for-hire
- Trial begins for 3 suspected accomplices in officer shooting
- Judge tried to hold rare trial but defendant didn’t show up
- Neil White Sentenced To 25 Years To Life For Murdering His 7-Year-Old Daughter Gabrielle
- ‘Night stalker’, 35, who carried out a three-month stranger-rape spree in east London before murdering one of his victims then fleeing to India days after a Crimewatch appeal is finally convicted following a decade on the run
- Jury trials were meant to deliver justice. Covid-19 brought them to a halt
- Syrian migrant is arrested 'for raping a 25-year-old woman' in same German city where Afghan raped and murdered EU official's teen daughter
- Adult Afghan asylum seeker who lied he was a child refugee before raping and murdering EU official's daughter is jailed for life in Germany
- German synagogue shooter suspect goes on trial amid heavy security
- Manson Family Murders Fast Facts
- Graphic testimony in trial of 2 Bay Area teens accused in slaying of Italian officer
- I-Team: Man Accused Of Killing Officer, Woman Was On Pre-Trial Probation
- COVID-19 surge prompts SF federal court to postpone jury trials
Murder trial for local woman postponed again have 532 words, post on www.herald-dispatch.com at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.