The boy, who cannot speak, was found eating chocolate spread from a jar with his fingers when gardai entered the home in north Dublin. The area around him was “very dirty” and he was wearing a nappy that had not been changed for some time. Thefts His 32-year-old mother began to cry after Judge Dermot Dempsey jailed her for four months. Outlining the evidence, Sgt Anthony McNulty said gardai were called to an estate shortly after 5pm on August 22, 2017, following reports of a number of suspected thefts in the area. Sgt McNulty said gardai encountered the defendant and asked about her five-year-old son. He said officers went to the woman’s home and found the child alone in the house. He was eating from a jar of chocolate spread and using his finger as a spoon. Sgt McNulty said the area around the child was in a very dirty state. He said there was a smell of urine and the boy was wearing a nappy that had not been changed in a long time. Sgt McNulty said the child had autism and was non-verbal. The sergeant said the defendant’s partner was in Temple Street Children’s Hospital with another child… Read full this story
- Father, 44, accused of killing his two autistic sons, ages 8 and 13, after driving them off a pier weeps as trial hears how he collected $260,000 in insurance money following their deaths
- Michigan professor is charged with manslaughter after his autistic son, 16, drowned in icy backyard pool 'when the teen he called "freak" was left unsupervised with his arms bound'
- How to leave your smart home home alone
- Michigan professor faces manslaughter rap in autistic son's backyard pool drowning
- Mother finds acceptance for autistic son in Moncton's 'geek' community
- 'Outrageously selfish': Mum jailed after leaving kids home alone to visit boyfriend, house catches fire
- Jimmy Carter leaves hospital for home after latest fall
- Jihadi bride Shamima Begum says she is willing to go to JAIL to be allowed back to the UK with the newborn son she named 'after Islamic warlord' - after describing Manchester Arena bombing as 'fair retaliation' for military strikes in Syria
- Bringing the garage online in the CNET Smart Home
- Survey says: Smart homes can pay off when it's time to sell
Mum is jailed for leaving her autistic son (5) home alone have 377 words, post on www.independent.ie at September 17, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.