Ribble Valley MP Nigel Evans took time out of his busy political schedule to visit the old and new student council at St Michael and St John’s RC Primary School, Clitheroe.
The children told Mr Evans that they had just conducted a successful Student Council election in their school hall where they used ballot papers and a ballot box. The successful candidates were announced in a big celebration assembly. He was very impressed when he toured the school with the children, Mrs Thornton and the Chair of Governors, Mr Mark Evans.
A school spokesman said: “Following the visit, he donated £200 to the school and our new student councillors are going to seek help from the rest of the student body on how that money is going to be spent on something special for our children in school.”
- Air Academy High School Student Council awarded academic honor
- Byron Primary School students honor local veterans ahead of Veteran’s Day
- NACEPF Partners with International non-profit buildOn to Construct 10 Primary Schools Throughout Developing Countries
- Woodsdale Elementary School Students’ ‘Souper’ Bowls up for Auction
- Graduate Student Council receives update on new bias reporting system
- Middle School Students Can Enroll at Executive Education Academy Charter School in Allentown
- Four Middle School Students Were Allegedly Planning 'Columbine-Style' Attack, Police Say
- Wisconsin High School Students Blasted for 'Beyond Sickening' Nazi Salute in Viral Baraboo Prom Photo
- High school students can earn college credit in one week summer program
- Barberton Middle School student brought two handguns to school, police say