It hasn’t taken long for Manchester United fans to give young striker Mason Greenwood his own chant.
And fans were in fine voice at Old Trafford, which included an inventive new song for Greenwood.
The 17-year-old has scored 42 goals in 45 games at youth level for United, and has impressed whenever he has featured for the first team. He netted twice in the pre-season tour of Australia, Singapore and China, and has been integrated into the senior squad by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer since the start of the summer.
Now, his name has been made into a chant by United fans to the tune on David Bowie’s Starman, hailing his finishing ability.
Earlier in the week, Solskjaer had praised Greenwood’s finishing, saying: “He’s one of the best finishers I’ve seen, it’s just that enjoyment, express yourself at Old Trafford.”
These are the lyrics to the new chant:
“Ma-son Greenwood’s dynamite,
“He scores them with his left foot and he scores them with his right.”
- Mason Greenwood has given Man United something new
- Man Utd player ratings: Mason Greenwood and Fred good
- Manchester United have two players to revamp their midfield
- Matic makes Manchester United captaincy admission
- Manchester United holding Angel Gomes contract talks
- Diogo Dalot on his battle for Manchester United first team spot
- Owen Hargreaves slams Manchester United’s decision to sign Fred
- Berbatov makes West Ham vs Manchester United prediction
- Manchester United sent warning by West Ham star