Land Rover is at the centre of a sexism row today after the company was accused of not showing women drivers in their advertising. Presenter Mariella Frostrup, 56, sparked a furious debate after watching what she said was ‘1980s style messaging’ in Land Rover’s latest television commercial. The advert shows English mountaineer Kenton Cool, 46, climbing a sheer rock face before traversing rugged Kazakstan landscapes in a Land Rover Defender. Scroll down for video. Presenter Mariella Frostrup, 56, sparked a furious debate after watching what she said was ‘1980s style messaging’ in Land Rover’s latest television commercial (pictured) At the start of the advert Mr Cool, who has ascended Mount Everest 14 times, stands on the summit of the mountain he has just scaled. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Nine dogs are saved from Cambodian Deliver-rover: Meat… Selfless wildlife carer is forced to abandon his beloved… Share this article Share He receives a text on his smart watch saying ‘where are you? Don’t be late!’ and pulls out a map to plan his 4,440-mile route – drawing a red line straight across the world. It then cuts to Mr Cool drinking out of a cup as the vehicle glides effortlessly… Read full this story
- Land Rover Explore Hands-on Review
- German firm to design successor to Land Rover Defender
- New Land Rover Defender revealed
- Last Land Rover Defender rolls off production line
- Watching the wheels: readers share their Land Rover Defender stories
- Chemical giant Ineos to build heir to Land Rover Defender
- Jaguar Land Rover to make only electric or hybrid cars from 2020
- Jaguar Land Rover’s owner unveils plans to invest millions of pounds in British plants for electric vehicles
- Tycoon says he needs subsidy to build Land Rover Defender successor in UK
- Jaguar Land Rover to cut 1,000 jobs due to Brexit 'headwinds'
Mariella Frostrup accuses Land Rover of sexism for not using enough female drivers in its adverts after firm's latest commercial features a rugged male mountaineer have 300 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 23, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.