Even though there has been no Premier League football for over a week, there has still been plenty of news about Manchester United.
Here are some of the biggest United stories of the past few days:
January transfer plans revealed
As one transfer window closes, speculation about the next one begins.
The MEN understands that United are still open to making signings in January.
It was believed that any player that left in the summer would be replaced but Ander Herrera and Romelu Lukaku both left without being replaced.
Pogba still linked with Real Madrid
As the European transfer window closed last week, Paul Pogba remained at Manchester United.
This is despite the Frenchman previously saying he was hoping for ‘a new challenge’.
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez reignited speculation over Pogba’s future by hinting that Madrid planned to sign more top players in the future – but the MEN understands the player is not for sale.
Bookies suspend betting on Van der Sar as new technical director
Bookmakers are tipping Edwin van der Sar to become United’s new technical director after Paddy Power suspended betting on the goalkeeper being given the job.
United had hoped to appoint a new director before the start of the season but couldn’t find the right person.
If appointed, Van der Sar would become the club’s first technical director. A role that looks set to include recommending transfer targets.
Youngster Barlow on his loan move
The announcement of Aidan Barlow’s loan move to Norwegian club Tromsø Idrettslag surprised many.
In an interview with MEN Sport he revealed he is enjoying his time at the club.
Tromsø have won in all three games he’s played, helping them in their fight to avoid relegation.
But Barlow hopes any success he has in Norway will lead to a return to United.
Latest United injury news
Pogba is another United player forced to pull out of this week’s international fixtures following the ankle injury he picked up against Southampton in the last Premier League outing.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was not too concerned over Pogba’s condition following the underwhelming draw at Southampton, suggesting his withdrawal was more precautionary.
After the Southampton game, Solskjaer said: “He twisted his ankle, I think, but he’ll go away and hopefully it’s not too bad and he can play for France because I know how much he loves his country and playing for them.”
There are also doubts over a number of United players ahead of the Leicester game.
United need to make changes
There is a busy period of games coming up for the Red Devils, with seven games to be played over 22 days.
The tough fixture list will likely see Solskjaer changing the team’s line-up. To cope with the busy schedule, the manager should consider making as many as 48 changes.
- Man Utd ‘preparing mega transfer bid for £130m-rated Napoli defender Koulibaly’
- 5pm Man Utd news LIVE: Spurs build up, Eriksen open to £25m January transfer, Pochettino wants job, Fernandes LATEST
- 6.10pm Man Utd news LIVE: Fernandes transfer boost, Solskjaer future LATEST, Pochettino puts club on red alert
- 10.10am Man Utd news LIVE: Eriksen top January transfer target, Pogba must go, Haaland £17m release clause
- 7am Man Utd news LIVE: Spurs build up, Eriksen open to £25m January transfer, Pochettino wants Utd job, Fernandes latest
- 5.40pm Man Utd news LIVE: Southgate rivals Pochettino for United job, Eriksen open to £25m January transfer
- 11pm Man Utd news LIVE: Eriksen open to £25m January transfer, Pochettino wants United job, Fernandes boost
- 4pm Man Utd news LIVE: Haaland £17m release clause, Rashford brother in Mourinho dig, Eriksen open to £25m transfer
- 8.30pm Man Utd news LIVE: Aston Villa reaction, Haaland transfer, Pochettino ‘would pay £12.5m to Spurs’ if he took job
- 11pm Man Utd news LIVE: Haaland £17m release clause, Eriksen for Matic swap, Rashford brother in Mourinho dig