The M74 southbound at junction 10 and 12 is set to be closed overnight this weekend.
Scotland TranServ will begin works to replace around 1.5km of filter drain at the stretch of road near the Lesmahagow turn off.
Roads bosses say in order to complete this programme of work as quickly and safely as possible, it will be necessary to implement single lane running during the day with a total closure of the Southbound carriageway of the M74 between junctions 10 and 12 overnight.
Subject to vehicle flows, the traffic management is scheduled for implementation from Friday, September 20 at 10pm until 6am Monday, September 23.
Liam Browne, Scotland TranServ’s Network Area Manager for the trunk road said: “Scotland TranServ has been working in consultation with the local authority, emergency services and key local stakeholders to schedule this short programme of drainage replacement work. The filter drainage along this 1500m stretch of the carriageway is reaching the end of its maintainable life and is therefore in need of replacement.
“Works have been planned for the weekend in order to reduce the disruption to commuters and businesses using the route during the week. The replacement project has also been programmed ahead of the busy September weekend in order to reduce disruption to those using the route for the holiday break.”
Local diversions will be in place throughout the weekend, with access maintained for emergency service vehicles. No additional arrangements will be made for windfarm traffic.
This investment into the M74 is among of a number of such programmes being carried out by Scotland TranServ across South West Scotland, supporting the economic growth and development of the area.
Paul Lynch, Scotland TranServ’s Network Manager added: “Across South West Scotland, we’re working on behalf of Transport Scotland to prioritise such road maintenance issues and deliver our road surface improvement projects as quickly and safely as possible. This programme of work is being scheduled for delivery with maximum efficiency and minimal disruption.”
- Post Time: Saratoga closing weekend highlighted by Woodward
- Kuhio Kalanianaole Park to close for road work
- U.S. 63 entrance ramp to close for road work
- Holiday Twin drive-in announces closing weekend
- Portions of Decker Road to close for utility work
- Ninth Street NW closed, curb repair work in WF
- Paley parties as his studio closes, but the work goes on
- Rutland KFC closed to fix health code violations
- Route 1&9 Truck lanes to be closed until Monday, Sept. 9
- Why is Tower Bridge closed, how long for and why is Transformers filming there?