RB Leipzig stayed top of the Bundesliga on Saturday with a 3-0 win at Werder Bremen while Philippe Coutinho scored his first Bayern Munich goal as the defending champions climbed to second with a 4-0 rout of Cologne. Bayern briefly had topped the table thanks to the win at the Allianz Arena before Leipzig replaced them despite finishing with 10 men in Bremen. A first-half header by defender Willi Orban and a stunning free-kick by playmaker Marcel Sabitzer saw Leipzig go 2-0 up before midfielder Konrad Laimer was sent off for a second yellow card with 26 minutes remaining. Leipzig made light of being a man down when they grabbed a late third when Marcelo Saracchi scored his first goal since joining from Copa Libertadores winners River Plate. “We’re satisfied, it was a dominant display, we didn’t let anything through. That was a very decent performance,” Leipzig’s managing director Oliver Mintzlaff told Sky. Earlier Poland star striker Robert Lewandowski put Bayern ahead after just 150 seconds after Joshua Kimmich split the Cologne defence. He then doubled the hosts’ lead with a header from a corner at the start of the season half to take his league tally to nine in… Read full this story
- Watch: Kieran O'Leary scores stunning goal in East Kerry final but it would be disallowed under the new handpass rule
- Clive Woodward claims Eddie Jones scored 'own goal' with 'completely irrelevant' Jack Nowell plan
- Man City 2-3 Crystal Palace: Andros Townsend scores stunning goal in victory
- Man City vs Burton LIVE score and goal updates
- Watch: Stephen Dobbie scores outrageous goal for Queen of the South at Aberdeen
- AFC Wimbledon's Anthony Wordsworth and his crystal stones routine: 'The lads hope they'll help us score more goals'
- Juventus vs Samdoria live score and goal updates
- Juventus vs Sampdoria live score and goal updates
- Chelsea striker Morata backed to score 20 goals a season by Cudicini
- Huddersfield Town 0-1 Everton: Richarlison scores only goal
Leipzig retain top spot as Coutinho scores first Bayern goal have 324 words, post on en.rfi.fr at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.