The Can’t Get You Out of My Head hitmaker, 51, went on to candidly talk about her 2005 cancer battle during her acceptance speech for her accolade after nearly four decades in the music industry.
Kylie, who was forced to pull out of Glastonbury festival at the time due to her diagnosis, revealed that she is still close with some of her medical team and that they taught her ‘what it is to depend on someone’.
Energy: Kylie Minogue put on an energetic performance at the GQ Men Of The Year Awards 2019 on Tuesday night at the Tate Modern in London
She said: ‘Thank you so much. Just the mention of ill health [Tom Jones mentioned it when presenting] has reminded me that I’ve become so close with someone from my medical team from all those years ago.
‘They taught me what it is to depend on someone. Being an icon takes Determination relentlessness and the ability to work through the tears and the pain.
‘Thank you to the people who were by my side to celebrate things like Glastonbury but also a support in the tough times.’
Kylie looked sensational for her award and night of performing as she stunned in a £30,000 Kolchagov Barba and Preciosa dress made with 100,000 AB Preciosa crystals.
Battle: The Can’t Get You Out of My Head hitmaker, 51, went on to candidly talk about her 2005 cancer battle during her acceptance speech for her accolade (pictured in 2005)
Legend: Kylie has had an impressive music career which has nearly spanned four decades
Close: Kylie, who was forced to pull out of Glastonbury festival at the time due to her diagnosis, revealed that she is still close with some of her medical team
Speech: She said: ‘Thank you so much. Just the mention of ill health [Tom Jones mentioned it when presenting] has reminded me that I’ve become so close with someone from my medical team from all those years ago.’
She teamed the item of clothing with a pair of clear perspex barely-there heeled sandals with silver studs on them.
Kylie styled her blonde locks into a blow-dried hairdo and added a slick of glamorous make-up.
The star gave eventgoers a night to remember as she put on an energetic and sparkling performance.
Kylie was joined at the star-studded event with her boyfriend Paul Solomon, who is the GQ creative director, and they sweetly shared a kiss on the red carpet as they walked hand-in-hand.
Glastonbury: ’Thank you to the people who were by my side to celebrate things like Glastonbury but also a support in the tough times,’ she concluded
Sensational: Kylie looked sensational for her award and night of performing as she stunned in a silver sparkly wrap dress with a daring leg slit
Only recently, the Australian singer returned to Glastonbury and performed on the Pyramid stage after she was forced to pull out the music festival in 2005 following her breast cancer diagnosis.
Speaking about what it meant to perform ahead of the event, Kylie admitted that she thought she had ‘missed her opportunity’ and that she would never return to the festival again following her devastating cancer battle when she was aged just 36.
Speaking to the Mirror, she said: ‘I would have been one of the only female solo artists in the festival’s history to headline. I really thought I missed my opportunity and, as the years went by, I said to myself, “Well this just isn’t going to happen”.’
Kylie, who celebrated ten years all-clear from breast cancer in 2015, added that she was ‘deeply affected’ by having to pull out of Glastonbury and watched the festival on TV with her parents in Melbourne, Australia, in 2005 amid her treatment.
Glamorous: Kylie styled her blonde locks into a blow-dried hairdo and added a slick of glamorous make-up
Pulling out all the stops: The star gave eventgoers a night to remember as she put on an energetic and sparkling performance
Dazzle like Kylie in a Kolchagov Barba crystal-embellished dress
Kylie Minogue performed on stage at the GQ Men Of The Year Awards and there was certainly no missing the beauty thanks to her blingin’ dress!
It’s a bespoke creation by Kolchagov Barba and features more than 120000 Preciosa crystals… only the best for the queen of pop!
The luxe embellished fabric creates an incredibly high-fashion look, and thanks to the abundance of crystals it costs a whopping £30000. A special piece for a special performance!
Click (right) to see more from Kolchagov Barba, or if you want to copy Kylie, head to the edit below and browse the embellished dresses we’ve lined up for you. From Halpern, to Nasty Gal, we’ve got all budgets covered.
* PRICES MAY NOT BE AS ADVERTISED
Return: Only recently, the Australian singer returned to Glastonbury and performed on the Pyramid stage after she was forced to pull out the music festival in 2005 following her breast cancer diagnosis
She said: ‘My memory’s so strong of so much around that time and while my focus had moved on from Glastonbury, I was watching and going, “I’m meant to be there”.
‘I will remember what happened those years ago and my overriding feeling will just be of gratitude and, how fragile life can be. Will there be tears? Absolutely. Let’s just say I will be wearing waterproof mascara!’
This is the 22nd GQ Men Of The Year Awards and is held in association with Hugo Boss.
The event always brings in the crème de la crème from the world of celebrity, fashion and sports, with last year’s guest list including actors, singers and royals galore.
Emotional: Speaking about what it meant to perform ahead of the event, Kylie admitted that she thought she had ‘missed her opportunity’ and that she would never return to the festival again
Attending were the likes of His Royal Highness The Prince Of Wales, pop stars John Legend and Dua Lipa and Hollywood hunk Chris Hemsworth.
The menu is designed by previous winner Chef Gordon Ramsay and a video booth is on hand at the event to capture the celebs at their most carefree.
Thanks to their sponsorship, many of the guests, presenters and winners wear Hugo Boss black tie.
Awards including the Hugo Boss Most Stylish Man and Hugo Boss Stand Out Performance gongs are of particular note at the event.
Smitten: Kylie was joined at the star-studded event with her boyfriend Paul Solomon, who is the GQ creative director, and they sweetly shared a kiss on the red carpet as they walked hand-in-hand
The Breakthrough Music Act Of The Year Award returns after it was introduced in 2018, lifted by Jorja Smith.
The category reflects GQ’s long-term, music-led partnership with the next-gen social platform – designed with artists and creators in mind – and lauds the most exciting musicians of the moment via exclusive video content and recommendations covering music, TV, films, books and places.
GQ’s Vero channel features specially-commissioned Men Of The Year coverage, from archive images to an exclusive look into the awards themselves.
GQ MEN OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2019: ALL THE WINNERS
HUGO BOSS Most Stylish Man
WINNER: Richard Madden
PRESENTER: Rita Ora
Beats by Dr. Dre Band
WINNER: The 1975
PRESENTER: Charli XCX
Popular: The 1975 were named Best Band at the star-studded event on Tuesday evening
WINNER: The England Women’s Football Team
PRESENTER: Gabby Logan
WINNER: Iggy Pop
PRESENTER: Debbie Harry
WINNER: Kim Jones
PRESENTER: Naomi Campbell
A job well done: The England Women’s Football Team received the Inspiration Award for their exploits at the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup
WINNER: Taron Egerton
PRESENTER: Bernie Taupin
Vero Breakthrough Music Act
PRESENTER: Sam Smith
WINNER: George Ezra
PRESENTER: Winnie Harlow
Maddox Gallery Artist
WINNER: Ai Weiwei
PRESENTER: Russell Tovey
Right choice: Taron Egerton took the Actor award from Bernie Taupin for his portrayal of Sir Elton John in Rocketman
WINNER: James Ellroy
PRESENTER: Sir Patrick Stewart
WINNER: Kylie Minogue
PRESENTER: Sir Tom Jones
WINNER: The England One-Day Cricket Team
PRESENTER: Greg James
PRESENTER: Elle Fanning
WINNER: Nicole Kidman
Legend: Kylie Minogue was named GQ Icon for her four decades in the music industry
HUGO BOSS Standout Performance
WINNER: Andrew Scott
PRESENTER: Phoebe Waller-Bridge
Politician of the Year
WINNER: Rory Stewart
PRESENTER: Susanna Reid
WINNER: Greta Thunberg
PRESENTER: Caitlin Moran
Prayer’s answered: Stormzy got the Haig Club Solo Artist award
Haig Club Solo Artist
PRESENTER: Adwoa Aboah
WINNER: Ian McKellen
PRESENTER: Stephen Fry
WINNER: David Beckham
PRESENTER: Dylan Jones
Main man: David Beckham received the Editor’s Special award
- Sharon Stone, 61, channels the '80s in a structured glittery black coat as she joins son Roan Bronstein, 19, at the GQ Men of the Year Awards in Berlin
- Glastonbury Festival 2019: Kylie Minogue breaks down in tears as she delivers a triumphant headline performance at music event 14 years after cancelling over breast cancer diagnosis
- Kylie Minogue reveals the heartbreaking reason she didn't have children
- Kylie Minogue gushes that her new relationship ‘doesn’t compare’ to others and says a ‘greatest hits’ album may be on the cards
- Dannii Minogue talks about celebrating sister Kylie's 50th birthday after cancer battle
- I’ve got no balls but my sex life is better than ever after testicular cancer battle
- When will Pride of Britain Awards 2019 be on TV? Air date, time and channel
- GQ Men of the Year 2019: Andrew Scott, Rory Stewart and Greta Thunberg
- When are the Pride of Britain Awards 2019? Date, TV channel and how to nominate
- Penny Lancaster reduced to tears as she gives update on Rod Stewart's cancer battle
- Destiny’s Child to reunite after Beyonce’s secret talks with Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams
- Karl Lagerfeld dies aged 85 from pancreatic cancer: Victoria Beckham leads tributes to fashion legend who saved Chanel, spent thirty years as its artistic director and was notorious for his acid tongue, after he passed away
- How is Michael Buble’s son doing following his liver cancer hepatoblastoma battle?
- Glastonbury Festival confirms Diana Ross will play the Legends slot as Paul McCartney drops MAJOR hints he’ll also perform
- The Brit Awards are more worried about a woke backlash than common sense – a genderless society now feels inevitable
- EXCLUSIVE: She hit it first! Kim Kardashian's ex Ray J is in 'secret talks with Trump Administration over potential pardoning of convicted killer and rapper Suge Knight - following the reality star's criminal justice reform efforts
- The Apprentice 2019: This year's bikini-clad businesswomen seem keen to catch Alan Sugar's eye as they sizzle in sultry snaps... as the entrepreneur SLAMS candidates who apply to be on the show for the fame
- Sharing a cell with a sadistic killer: Former inmate and high-flyer recalls the cold eyes and lack of remorse of one of the men who raped and murdered Anita Cobby - and how he feared for his life
- 'The First Ladies of Rap and Hip Hop': Music legends Salt-N-Pepa will perform an exclusive set at the National Gallery of Victoria in Melbourne
- Fleetwood Mac won’t appear at Glastonbury 2020 after talks with bosses break down over money
Kylie Minogue puts on an energetic performance as she candidly talks about her 2005 cancer battle at the GQ Men Of The Year Awards 2019 have 1979 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 4, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.