A police pursuit in Stratford ended in a man being arrested after he allegedly threw a knife into a garden.
The incident was highlighted by OPU Warwickshire on its Facebook page earlier today (Thursday).
It took place after police spotted a Ford Fiesta heading towards Stratford using what were identified as false number plates.
Police said the driver failed to stop and they pursued the car for a short time.
The driver then got out of the car and attempted to run off.
While he was being pursued on foot it was alleged he threw a large knife into a garden.
Police spotted the car approaching Stratford
“The vehicle is a cloned vehicle on false number plates.
“The driver failed to stop for police and after a short pursuit de camped in St Peter’s Way Stratford Upon Avon.
“During the foot chase the driver threw a large knife into nearby garden.
“The driver was captured and arrested, the knife has been recovered.”
Latest crime stories
- See dramatic video footage of police pursuit which landed driver in jail for 16 months
- Man in 30s arrested after police pursuit which saw housing estate blocked off
- Police pursuit and man arrested in incident which blocked off housing estate
- Tractor rampages through downtown Denver in police pursuit
- UK: Two Police Officers in ‘Serious Condition’ After Alleged Knife Attack
- Utah robbery suspect dies after firing at police in pursuit
- Reltatives of robbery suspect killed after pursuit apologize
- Man arrested after knife attack in Drayton
- Witness contradicts police account of shooting of black teen
- Police identify powder recovered in deadly drug raid