Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is wary of a Napoli side he describes as “stubborn in a very positive way” as the Reds begin the defence of their Champions League crown at the Stadio San Paolo. The clubs have been drawn in the same group for the second season in a row, with Napoli prevailing in the corresponding fixture last term as Lorenzo Insigne’s late strike settled matters. Liverpool went on to pip Napoli to a spot in the knockout stages – by virtue of scoring more goals after they finished level on points and a number of other determining factors – before going on to lift the coveted trophy. While the memory of Liverpool’s 1-0 defeat here last October burns bright in the memory for Klopp, the German believes his side showed immediate improvement against title rivals Manchester City in their next outing and did not allow their levels to drop for the remainder of the campaign. Klopp said: “Directly after the Napoli away game last year, it was a game where we had to defend really well and we improved in three days, did everything right that we did here wrong and kept that going for the rest of… Read full this story
- Napoli in desperate race against time to finish building work for Liverpool Champions League clash as Ancelotti rages over state of changing rooms
- Watch rowdy Chelsea fans throw beer at taunting Ajax supporter as Dutch police watch before Champions League clash
- Spurs boss Pochettino slapped with Champions League ban for ‘delaying kick-off against Ajax’.. but will not miss Liverpool final
- Champions League permutations: Are groups decided by head-to-head or goal difference?
- Man City launch official appeal to CAS against Champions League ban
- Champions League: Napoli’s Llorente aiming for ‘revenge’ in Liverpool rematch
- Plan was to Win and We Did: Jurgen Klopp a Happy Man After Liverpool's Win in UEFA Champions League
- Champions League: Chelsea, Ajax in Stamford Bridge thriller as Liverpool win and Barca stumble
- Liverpool on brink of Champions League knockouts
- Chelsea, Ajax draw Champions League thriller as Liverpool win and Barcelona held
Klopp wary of ‘stubborn’ Napoli ahead of Champions League clash have 341 words, post on cyprus-mail.com at September 17, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.