Fast food chain KFC wants to open five new restaurants in East Yorkshire, with all have them having drive-thrus.
A spokesman for KFC has stated that the firm has “bold ambitions” to have more than 1,000 stores in the UK and Ireland by 2020, and is looking to build 50 new stores per year.
As reported by Devon Live, the target locations have been revealed as part of a nationwide drive to increase the fried chicken group’s footprint in the UK.
The new restaurants will also create plenty of new jobs in Hull and East Yorkshire.
Anyone who finds a site for a new KFC will receive £20,000.
The latest food hygiene ratings
Follow Hull Live
Our daily newsletter – To get the latest headlines direct to your email inbox every day, click here .
Follow Hull Live on Facebook – Like our Facebook page to get the latest news in your feed and join in the lively discussions in the comments. Click here to give it a like!
Follow us on Twitter – For breaking news and the latest stories, click here to follow Hull Live on Twitter.
Follow us on Instagram – On the Hull Live Instagram page we share gorgeous pictures of our stunning city – and if you tag us in your posts, we could repost your picture on our page! We also put the latest news in our Instagram Stories. Click here to follow Hull Live on Instagram .
- Jobs on offer as courier firm opens new branch near East Midlands Airport
- Burger King to open new restaurant in Newcastle
- Plans to open new restaurant and retail space in Ripon
- Head chef for Jodie Kidd to open new restaurant
- Popular Middlesbrough bar opening new restaurant on Mother's Day
- Pizza House boss Giuseppe comes out of retirement to open new restaurant in Southsea
- Hospice set to open new restaurant and retail outlet
- Luxury lifestyle store The White Company to open new outlet in East Riding
- Hull Live: Breaking news from Hull and East Yorkshire on April 12
- Hull Live: Breaking news from Hull and East Yorkshire on May 3